Wednesday 9 August 2017

Off to PEI - Day 1

I had to get up super early this morning to get ready to leave on my little solo adventure to PEI.
I hadn't packed yet and I wanted to stop by the office on my way out of town.
Mr BB was the recipient of my little good deed gift today.

I also had a card and some scratch tickets to drop off for Mr JRA for his birthday today.

I was on the road and headed to the airport by 6:50am.
It was a beautiful, sunshiny day and there were some good old tunes playing on 
the radio.

Another one that takes me back to my days on Byron Crescent in Dartmouth!

I got to the airport way early, I always feel like it's better to be super early as opposed to late but I may be going a little too far.
I was there by 10 am and going through security was a breeze.
My Honey had booked my a spot to park at JetSet WePark so I was able to check my luggage in right there - awesome!

My flight was only leaving at 1 pm so I found a comfy couch to hang out on for awhile.
I made our Burger Love post for tonight's burger and I spent some time on Facebook - fittingly, these memories from our trip to PEI in 2014 popped up.

We went for a sail and were catching mackeral.
Jigging is so much fun - it was My Honey's first trip out on the boat with the family and they put him right to work.


It was just a lovely sail and a lovely day!

I picked up a ham & swiss on a croissant for breakfast, it cost way more than it was worth.
It's ridiculous how much things cost at the airport.

Look at all those WestJet planes coming and going.
I always get excited at the airport when I am getting ready to go on a trip.

I had a quick stop in Toronto. I did grab some spicy California rolls so I could eat them on the plane.
They were super dry and were making my belly feel not so good so I ended up throwing them away.

I picked up this book the other day because I'd never read it and they just made it into a movie.
Oprah, Reese Witherspoon and a few others are going to be in it so I knew I would want to see it but wanted to read the book first.
The books are almost always better.
It was good - a quick read.
By the time I landed in Charlottetown I was done.

A shot from in the plane of Toronto as we were leaving.

I arrived in Charlottetown at 11pm.
It was super nice out.

Charlottetown is such a small airport that they just take the stairs over to the plane and you disembark that way.
I kind of like it.
I think there are only two gates and an Air Canada flight was arriving at the exact same time.

My cousin Ms TG came to pick me up and this fellow was next to her.
I wasn't sure if they were there together or not because he was just kind of hovering near but I'd never seen him before.
It kind of seemed like they might be there together so I went to introduce myself and then she realized she hadn't introduced me so she did at that point.
It was funny, anyway, I finally got to meet her friend Mr G.

On the drive home from the airport they were telling me how they were very into books so I did my second good deed of the day and gave her my copy of A Wrinkle in Time for her collection.
She said it was one of Mr.G's favorites.

Back at my Aunt & Uncle's home (J&C) I got to meet the newest family members, Jupiter and Venus.
Only one was interested in a photo op but isn't she a sweetie, posing so nicely too!


They have this awesome water fountain - I took a picture to show My Honey - thought we could get one for Professor Snuggles.
He loves fresh water but ignores the water in his regular water dish.

It was nice to be on the island.
I wished it was light out so I could take in all the sights on the drive from the airport but I will see it all tomorrow.

It was after 12:30 by the time we got home so everyone was in bed (except the cats) so we just headed straight to bed ourselves.

Looking forward to my weekend here.

Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment