Friday 14 July 2023

We Got a New Vehicle and She is Pretty! (July 11, 2023)

 We are going to pick up our new vehicle today and I'm so excited to finally have this whole thing finished.

I knew we were going to be on the road a lot today so even though I had a lot to do at the office, I made sure to get otu for a short walk to the road and back.
It was a nice day out there today.

They told us the car would be ready at 4, they were even able to get a hitch so that will be on the car when we pick it up.
It's about a 2 hour drive so we left just after lunch to head in to Leduc.

I had to stop for a bank draft - ouch.
It hurt to take all that money out of the bank all at once but it's going to a good cause.

Then we headed over to pick up the car.

We thought it would be out front waiting for us but they had it inside and they had a big red bow on it which was a nice touch.
The salesman we dealt with, Ish, came over and went over everything in the car with us, all the knobs and buttons and what they all do and how everything works.
I've never had someone do that with me when I purchased a car before so that was nice.

Then we were off to finance so I could give them the rest of the paperwork we needed.
We also made an appointment to come back to get our cross bars installed and then we were good to go.

This is the first time either one of us has ever owned a brand spanking new car and we were excited.
The color, champagne, is not one I ever would have picked but I really like it.
She's such a pretty car.

When we left there, I took the rental over to Enterprise to drop it off and Jason followed in the new car to come and pick me up.
Because it was a rental through insurance, I was able to drop the car off at a different dealer then where i'd picked it up with no charge so that was great.
Saved us from having to drive all the way into downtown Edmonton.

I was so glad to drop it off - I had gotten a rock chip and I was just nervous that something else was going to happen.
The rock chip was small so just considered regular wear and tear thank goodness.
It was also costing me $30 a day so I'm glad to not have to pay for that any longer.

We were both hungry so we stopped at Phalika Thai in Leduc.

I had the Basil Pork dish with coconut rice - their coconut rice is the best I've ever had and this basil dish is so delicious too.
I just love their food.

Jason tried a new to him curry dish, Beef Mussamun Curry.
He liked it but he said he preferred the Panang Curry he had last time.
I tried this one and I think I liked it best. 

Then we shared a mango and sticky rice dessert - also so delicious.
I'm surprised this place didn't have a line up out the door because it was so good.

After we ate, we went for a walk - I still had a lot of steps to get and didn't want it hanging over my head when we got home.
We walked the trails that we'd biked here a few weeks ago.
Leduc is a really nice little town, very pretty and clean and the trails are well maintained and there are tons of them.
Can't wait to come back and bike the trails again.

When we got back to the car we decided to treat ourselves to an ice cream before we left.
I got two scoops in a cup and they were the biggest scoops I've ever seen.
I wasn't able to finish.

Then we hit the road for home.

The sun was setting on the way and it looked so beautiful.

I tried to get a better shot of it but the pictures just can't do it justice.
Plus we were getting a sprinkling of rain so there are droplets of water all over the windshield.

We saw lots of deer on the way home - how awful would that have been if one of them jumped out in front of us right when we first got our new car?
It didn't happen but it was on our minds for sure.

We also so a little baby bear on the way home, I still get excited every time I see one.

We got home around 9:30, I still needed some steps so I just walked around in the living room until I reached 13000 then pretty much headed to bed after that.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment