Monday 3 July 2023

Duck Race Winner (July 1, 2023)

Freya slept in a bit this morning so I was able to watch and episode of Firefly Lane while I had my coffee.

I only have 1 more episode to go but Freya got up so I will have to save it for another day.

We made chocolate chip pancakes for her for breakfast.

Think she only had two bites but she enjoyed making them.

She did go down and do mom's make up for her this morning.
Ba ha ha.
I have no idea how mom get's this off of her face but she does every time.

Next Freya made me a surprise.
You would not believe the amount of tape we go through around here - she loves it and uses A LOT of it.

She really likes scissors too and I keep reminding her to be careful with them so she decided to cut a balloon and used it as a guard on the scissors.

She's always thinking!

It wasn't a very nice day out there so I didn't get out for a run - don't think I could have with Freya there anyway but I still needed steps so I went down and got on the treadmill.

I only walked and I stayed on for an hour which got me over the 10,000 step mark and if I have to come back down and hop back on later I will.
Freya just sat on the chair in the basement with me and watched YouTube the whole time I was on the treadmill.

Freya did my make up for me - gave some beautiful lipstick!

I couldn't think of anything to make for supper - I swear it's a struggle every single day to come up with ideas.
So instead I decided to order donairs from Burger Baron.
The rain had let up so Freya and I walked over together to get them.
She loves going in there - Sammy (the owner) teases her about having to do dishes and she loves it.

On the way home she showed me her Bruno (from Encanto) impersonation.
She's got her hood over her eyes, holding her breath and crossing her fingers.

Adrien had to work tomorrow and Mel is leaving early in the morning to go for a conference in Banff so the kids came to spend the night.
Freya had been asking for Hunter all day so I was happy to see when they finally came over.

So was Freya.

They were stuck together like this for the rest of the evening.

Alivia is getting so grown up - I can't believe it.
It's been a while since they've been over so it was nice to see them.

It was raining all evening so we couldn't do much - just hung out and watched tv.

They do duck races in town every Canada Day to raise money for the local hospital and even though it was raining today, they still went ahead with it.

You buy a ticket and it gets you a numbered duck (rubber ducky).

They used to actually put the ducks in the river and now they just send them down the town hill but first one over the finish line is the winnner.

They have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and they called to let Mom know that her duck won 2nd place which is $500.00 so that was awesome news!

Wouldn't that be awesome?


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment