Thursday 20 July 2023

Room Planning Underway (July 18, 2023)

Kody called me first thing this morning.
He and Freya were out for a drive and he was going to go and have a look at our property.
I sent him directions but I think it would be hard to find and not much to see right at the moment.
I got to talk to Freya very briefly so that was nice.
He said they are having a good time - he was planning on visiting some family today - so far they've been spending most of their time with Randy's family.

I got out for a walk to the road and back this morning.
It's warmed up a bit since yesterday - still not hot summer weather though.
I've been thinking a lot about what I want to get Freya for a bed for her room and I had a look to send some ideas to Jason - he offered to build it.

I like this one because it has lots of storage.

It even has all the dimensions so this would help Jason out if he were to build it.

This one has storage too and I like that it is a bit different.

This one I really like - I like the trundlbe bed although I think I would prefer if it were more storage.

My attempt at drawing what I want.
After talking about it, we decided that we may just buy something afterall.
I want nice drawers and the hardware to make them is not cheap - then including in all the wood we will need and Jason's time - It might make more sense to just buy it.

When I went home for lunch, I hopped on the treadmill and ran 5k.
I did the whole run at a speed of 4.0 so it took me a bit but it felt good.

I was soaked when I finished up but what a great feeling!

I washed up and changed and headed back to the office for the afternoon.
We have a big annual safety meeting in Athabasca tomorrow and I normally go to them but with both Shennelle and Bonnie gone, I kind of didn't plan on going.

Then I spoke to one of the admins in the St Albert office and she said they were told they had to go.
So I spoke with my boss and she said yes, they wanted us all to go.
Bummer.

I'll have to check in the morning if there is a spare truck I can take.

After work I went over to Kody's - Morgan was over there cleaning again.
She is doing a great job - washing walls and everything.
She is so thorough - I want her to come do my place next.

Rob helped me take measurements so when we go to the city on the weekend I can pick up a few things that I need.

I also stopped at the Hardware today to pick up some paint samples to pick what colors I like.
I thought instead of a black I might pick a really dark purple that is close to black.

After looking at a few options though, I think I prefer the black afterall.
I'm going to check the city to see if they have any other options before I make up my mind for sure but my hope is to start painting this weekend.

I also ordered a light fixture for her room, some cool lanterns, a moon lamp and some curtains.

Ha ha ha.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment