Tuesday 25 July 2023

Stenciling Has Begun - It's Going To Be A Big Job (July 24, 2023)

It's Monday, that means weigh in day.
I've not been tracking my points and I had a few treats over the weekend but I didn't think I'd done that badly.

Apparently I was wrong.
I was 210.4 lbs this morning.

That's up 2.2 lbs since last week.

Just goes to show why WW works - I thought I did pretty well over the weekend but I was just kind of guessing.

I think it pays to actually do the tracking.

I'm determined to get back under 200 and I know I can do it - and I want to stay positive but boy, it is giving me a run for my money.

I walked over and paid Jason's bill at Geter Done Mechanical then ran back to the office.

It was only .6k but hey, that's a run in the bank albeit a short one.

I knew I was going to be busy after work so at lunch time I hopped on the treadmill to get a bit of a run in.

I planned on only running 20 minutes because I had some errands to run at lunch as well.
I ended up running 1.5 miles (the extra is my warm up and cool down).
That's 2.4 k so combined with the .69 from earlier I ran 3k today.
Not quite 5 but I'll take it!

I was a sweaty mess so I had to get cleaned up before heading back to work.
I love getting my run over earlier in the day.

Some of the things I'd ordered for Freya's room arrived today.

The lanterns I'd ordered were damaged unfortunately.

They were beat up pretty good.

I took pictures just in case I needed them for the return.

Such a bummer.

I thought I could maybe bend them back but they were beyond that.
When I got home later in the evening I went online to do a refund and it was no issue at all.
I do have to send them back and I'm not sure I can get another set here in time for the big room reveal.

 I stopped at the hardware to get some paint for the stencil I want to put on the room.
I was thinking of going a shade darker than what I put on the wall which is the very lightest color but then I was thinking maybe I should just go for it and do a bit darker of a color, I was thinking the third from the bottom.
I called Jason for his opinion and asked the girl at the hardware too.
I'm so indecisive sometimes.
I couldn't make up my mind so in the end, I went with my original plan and got it in a semi-gloss since what I have on the wall now is an eggshell.

Nadine came over to help me.
She took all the tape off the wall while I sprayed a varnish on the book case I'd painted.

Then it was time to get started on the stencil.
I was worried when I did the first one because you could barely see the color.
Once I took the stencil off you could see it but it's very light.
It does dry slightly darker and I love it.

I think I'm going to be here for awhile.
I have to wait after each application for it to dry a bit before I can move on to the next one.
The paint dries fairly quickly but there still is wait time.

I ended up only getting one wall done and it isn't even all done.
And I thought I would get it all done tonight - boy was I wrong.

I had to keep washing off the stencil because paint would build up on the back and it's a big stencil so that ate up a lot of time.
We bought this stencil years ago when we saw it on a You Tube video - a lady painted her wood floors then did this stencil all over it and it looked so beautiful.
We decided to do it to our floors too and bought the stencil but then ended up just putting in vinyl plank flooring so never got a chance to use it.
I'm glad we are finally putting it to use - it's a gorgeous stencil.

Took me some time to figure out how the stencil matched up too but once I got that figured it was all good.

The corners are going to be tough - I'm going to start on those first thing tomorrow when the stencil is nice and clean.
I'm hoping I can get more completed tomorrow night - I'll have a quicker start and I know what I'm doing now so it should go smoother.
Jason is going to cut me trim pieces tomorrow night too - I'll have to paint those white and I'm hoping to be all done so the following night we can put the trim up when he gets home from work.
The chandelier I ordered is supposed to come tomorrow night too so if he can get that up as well we will be golden!

I have a dentist appointment first thing on Friday morning in Whitecourt to get my teeth whitened (I'm super excited about that) then afterwards I can pick up any of the last minute stuff I need so I can have the room ready by the end of the day on Friday.

That's my hope anyway.

I went home around 8:30 and had a salad for supper then Jason made us some ice cream before bed (low calorie ice cream).
We had a pretty good storm go through, there were predicting golf ball size hail and there was a tornado warning too so I was freaking out a litte bit about my car.
We've had so much hail since we got the car and I'm so worried it's going to get hail damaged but so far so good.


Anyway, that's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment