Saturday 1 July 2023

MRI for Mom and Great Car Dealership Experience (June 28, 2023)

 Mom had an appointment for an MRI in the city at 11 this morning so we hit the road around 7:30.

We got there early so Mom and I were just walking the hospital a bit killing some time then they called to say they'd had a no show so they could get her in early which was great.

They said she'd be an hour so I headed outside for a walk - It was a gorgeous, sunny day out there and so warm.

I just walked around the residential area by the hospital - stopped at a coffe shop and got an iced coffee plus a treat for mom and a treat for me.
I just got a seed bun - I ate it just like it came - nothing added on it and it was really good.

When I went back for Mom, she was already done - in fact she'd been waiting for me.
The appointment didn't take nearly as long as they'd expected.
All good though.

We left there and headed to a car dealership, NIssan North.
Jason had made a few calls yesterday to get some prices and this dealership had given him the best rates so I was heading over there to check out the car and possibly seal the deal.

I was supposed to as for Mo when I got there - turns out he wasn't there yet so another young guy (I forget his name) helped me out.
He came with mom and I on the test drive and we were chatting.
Turns out he used to be a chef and just started selling cars two weeks ago - said he is still just learning the ropes.
He was very nice.

When we got back after the test drive, Mo was there so he took over.
He was a young guy as well and also very nice.
He told me that he is Muslim and today is a Muslim holiday similar to Christmas so he took the morning off to spend with his little sisters who are 5 and 2 and who he just adores.

Everything he quoted to Jason yesterday was exactly the same today - no curveballs and no sense of urgency, no pushiness - it was great.
To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to going to another dealer today because I just hate how pushy they can be - so this was a nice surprise.

Even the sales manager that came out and the manager were great too.
When the manager pulled my credit report he went over everything on it with me and told me exactly what each thing meant and what the bank thought about each thing from their end.
I've never had anyone do that for me before and it was very informative.

We decided we are going to go with the Qashqai but I want it in a dark red color and they don't have any there.
They do have one sitting in port of Vancouver - they said it will take a week to get here and I'm fine with that.
Then once it gets here, they will install the block heater and a hitch for us then it will be good to go.
I'm excited about getting a brand new car!

My whole experince at this dealer today was awesome.
They aren't part of Go Auto and are family owned and I don't know if that is what makes the difference but I will for sure be going back if I ever need another car and I will be highly recommending them.

Before I left, the young fellow who I'd gone on the test drive with came over and gave me some restaurant recommendations.

We ended up being there for a really long time but it was a good experience overall.

After that, Mom wanted to stop at The Brick to buy herself a new bed.
She wants a bed that has a frame that you can adjust.
We walked in there and a sales clerk came over right away - I told her what Mom was looking for and I headed to the bathroom and by they time I got back, Mom had pretty much picked it out and the clerk was doing up the sale right there by the mattresses on her tablet.

She was so fast and efficient - she was helpful and friendly too.
It's the fastest I've ever seen them write something up - usually it takes forever so I was impressed.

I saw this bed and I considered getting it for Freya but it was a bit pricey so I sent this picture to Jason and he figures he can make something like this.
So I skipped the bed but i did get her a twin mattress ordered.
The clerk was able to just add it to Mom's order so we didn't have to pay an additional admin fee or delivery fee so that was awesome!

Next stop was food - Mom and I were both so hungry by this point in the day.
We went to Opa's and had Greek Salad and chicken skewers.

I also had their pita bread with hummus.

It was so delicious and healthy as well.

After we filled our bellies and got some energy back - we made a final stop at Walmart for a few groceries.
It was 7 pm when we hit the road for home which meant we got home just after 9.
It ended up being a long but productive day.

Just as we were getting back to town, Kody called to say that Freya really wanted to come over for a visit.

So he dropped her off right after I got home and I still needed a few steps so Freya, Jason and I went for a little walk.

Back at the house, her and Jason did some drawing.
She loves to draw something and have him copy her.
I love her little drawings - she has a certain style and I think she does a great job.

She ended up spending the night with us.
Jason and I both have to work so she'll spend the morning with Nanny but she was ok with that.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment