Wednesday 26 July 2023

Stenciling Continues...(July 25, 2023)

It started off sunny but chilly this morning and then by noon, we were gettting rain again.

 

So I hopped on the treadmill when I went home for lunch and I ran 5k.

I can definitely feel progress - I started off at a speed of 4.0 then near the end I was able to start bumping that up and I felt good - like I still had some gas left in the tank.


I found a new vlog recently that I enjoy - it's a woman, Cecilia, that lives in Svalbard which is a small Island close to the North Pole and she vlogs about her life there.
She was reading this book and said it is her absolute favorite - it's actually a series, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Her vlog is @CeciliaBlomdahl if you want to check it out.

She also made this meal suggestion that sounded so weird but I decided to try it because I had all the ingredients so I made it for my lunch after my workout.

It's just scrambled eggs, bananas and cinnamon.

Yes, you heard that right!

Weird combo I know but it was really good.

I think I will make it again but I'll add more spices next time, maybe some ginger and nutmeg, and I'll also add Vanilla extract.
It kind of reminded me of french toast.

After work I headed back over to Kody's and got right to work on stenciling.
Nadine came over and helped me again - so nice of her to do that.

I finished off the first wall where I started then almost got two other walls completed.
I have to wash the stencil off every 8 or so applications so that ends up taking up a lot of time.
I'm nearly done though - I'm confident I will finish it up tomorrow night then we can put up the trim when Jason gets off work.

Jason cut up some trim pieces for me when he got off work tonight - I was going to paint them but I was too tired so I'm going to see if Mom will paint them for me tomorrow.
I'll get everything set up for her.

I did make some more mold pieces to add to frames.
I have them glueing on then tomorrow I'll spray paint it all black.
Of course I'll be changing out the picture!

This is another of the frames I got ready.
The picture you can see here is one of the ones I'll be hanging up.

Another one ready to go - I had these pieces on another frame but I sanded it and it went all funny - it had all these fibres sticking out that I couldn't get off so I just pulled the molds off and put them on this frame instead.

I made these big square molds for a frame but didn't like them on the frame so put them on the shelf instead.
I will paint them tomorrow once they are glued - haven't decided yet if I'm going to paint them black or gold or maybe both?

Her room is coming along.
The chandelier is supposed to arrive tomorrow night - I can't wait to see it.

I also ordered a new set of the lanterns to hang from the ceiling.

I'm hoping to get everything back in the room on Thursday night then I can figure out if I need anything else and pick it up on Friday when I go to Whitecourt to get my teeth whitened.

I'd picked up Subway for Jason and I for supper so when I finally sat down I ate half of my sub.
I'll have the rest tomorrow for lunch.

Jason made us ice cream for a snack then it was off to Never Never Land.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment