Monday 3 July 2023

Rainy Summer Day (July 2, 2023)

 We had a really good sleep in this morning.

It was after 10 when we got up and I don't remember the last time I got up that late.

The kids got up with me so I didn't have any time to myself in the morning like I normally do but that's ok, I like spending time with them.

I made omelets for breakfast (Hunter's favorite) and it was raining and miserable out for most of the day so we were mostly stuck indoors.

It did let up for a bit after lunch so we decided to walk down and get an ice cream then stop at the park for a bit.

It was windy and the wind was very chilly so we weren't planning on staying long but then it started raining so we left even sooner.

We got a bit wet on the walk back home but at least it wasn't a down pour.

Morgan had asked if I could take her to Whitecourt for groceries so I asked the kids if they wanted to go for something to do.

They all wanted to so off we went.
Hunter was hiding from the picture for some reason.

Morgan and I.

We got a few groceries at Walmart and Mom sent money so the kids could each get a treat.
Then we stopped at Canadian Tire so Morgan could get a new garbage can.

The kids wanted McDonald's for supper so that is where we went next.

Freya only wanted a chocolate chip muffin and she ate most of it surprisingly.

There I am!
I didn't have anything at McDonald's, instead I stopped at IGA and got myself some deli turkey.
I was looking for biscuits for mom but they didn't have any so Morgan said she'd bake her up some when we got home and she did.

While we were in Whitecourt, both Adrien and Kody texted me to say they were home from work.
So not long after we got back to Swan Hills, Adrien came and got Alivia and Hunter.
Freya wasn't quite ready to go home yet she wanted to see Papa Jason first.

When Jason got home, they went off to play and I went down to hop on the treadmill as I still needed a few steps to reach my 13,000 goal.
I didn't need that many so it didn't take me very long.

Always feels good to get a work out in even if it's an easy one.

Kody came by to pick up Freya and she was so upset, still not ready to go.
She wanted to go to the park and play for 'just a little bit' so we said we'd take her there then drop her off home by 9:30.

She and Jason played whatever games she thought up and I said I'd do two walks around the path in the park then it would be time to go.
She convinced me to go for a third then when I finished that and told her it was time to go, she was ok with that.
It was 9:27 when I pulled into Kody's driveway!

Just a little laugh for today!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment