Thursday 20 July 2023

My Three Different Male Companions for the Day (July 19, 2023)

I got thinking aobut the drive to Athabasca last night when I got home and decided I didn't want to drive there and back by myself.

It's at least a 2.5 hour drive each way.

Bob did have a spare truck ready for me if I wanted it but instead I found someone to ride with.

Blair was able to give me a ride there but he was heading the St Albert after the meeting so he couldn't drive me home.

I was texting with Nadine and asked her if Karl was going - he was so I made plans to drive back with him.

Car selfie with Blair.

There was a lot of construction along the way so the drive took longer than we were expecting.

The canola is looking so pretty right now.

The meeting was ok.
I got to see all the admins from St Albert - it is always nice to catch up with them.
Met the new girl, Nicole and likely saw Lisa for the last time for a bit anyway.
She is pregnant and leaving on maternity leave in October and she's taking the full 18 months.
How exciting for her.

Karl was my chauffeur back home.
We went a different way, through Slave Lake.
It was a bit longer but no construction and new scenery for me to look at.

It's hard to take pictures while you are driving but it was very pretty.

We stopped in Slave Lake so he could go through the car wash to wash his truck and it was going to take about 20 minutes so I got out and just did some walking around to get some steps in.
I had barely gotten any in by that point so I really needed them.

Jason had supper ready for me when I got home, we had chicken breast and a garden salad.
He made my favorite dressing, just a vinegrette - it was so good I could have drank it straight out of the bowl.

Then he and I went for a nice long walk so I could get the rest of my steps in.
It was a really nice evening out there.
I think summer is back.

I keep watching Facebook/Instagram every day for pictures from Haylee or Cyrstal and Haylee finally posted a bunch today.

Freya with Randy's moms dog.

Freya on the beach at the North Cape.

Inukshuks on the beach.

There are a ton of them and they look so cool.

Freya and Zepplyn at what I think used to be Woodleigh Replicas but is now the Haunted Mansion.

Waling ove the water.

Checking her weight on the Wacky Scale.

Farmer Zepplyn.

Freya riding the cow.

This must have been from another day.
I don't know what place this is but there appears to be a random pig there out and about.

She also met some cute little goats.

She looks pretty happy about it.

At the beach - she found a snail.

Frolicking in the sunset.

What a nice evening.

Nice pictures too.

More playing in the water.

That salty sea water makes you so sticky when you come out.
Still fun though.

Randy and Crystal walking the beach.

Zepplyn.

Looks like they are having lots of beach days which is nice.
Crystal said the weather has been really nice, very mugg though.

Freya at the beach.

Freya at the beach again.

Freya and Daddy going for a walk.

And Freya and Mommy playing at the beach.

They look like they are having fun - I'm glad.
I wish I was there with them.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment