Saturday 1 July 2023

Car Shopping - Not My Fave (June 26, 2023)

We headed out for a run first thing this morning.

Getting a bit of a streak going here.

I kind of considered skipping it because we were late getting out but I'm so glad I didn't.

I ran 5k down by the river.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

It's still hard but the more I do it the easier it gets!

I finished up down by Walter Dale bridge - it was a gorgeous morning out there.

The grass is so nice and green.
I love days like this.

I had to walk up this huge hill to get back to the hotel and it was rough and that was just walking.
I can't even imagine trying to run up it - maybe that's a goal to shoot for.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it is a VERY steep hill.

Jason came up the stairs on his run - always such a nice view of the river valley from here.

We both headed back to the hotel - Jason went and had a swim and I went and had a shower then we checked out right on time at .

We wanted to get some breakfast and were going to go to Rosewood but it is closed on Monday's.

So instead we went to Farrow's and got the beef sandwich to share.

My favorite.

We found a picnic table nearby to sit and eat.

There was a Bao place next door to Farrows that I've always wanted to try so Jason stopped there and got a couple.
He got a chicken one.

And a beef one.
I didn't really care for them.
The beef was tough - made it hard to eat.
The bao bun itself was good.

The beef sandwich was just as good as always.

It was another sunny day - I love summer.

We also stopped at the little cafe we stumbled upon last time we were here and got a gruyere cheese croissant.

And a cream cheese danish - the danish was superb.

Then it was time to head out car shopping.
Our plan was to test drive a few that we are interested in, the Kia Sportage, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and  Hyundai Tucson.

We went to the Kia dealer first and they didn't have any Sportages or Seltos believe it or not.
We called another Kia dealer and they did have some so we made an appointment to head over there later to try them out and walked to the Nissan dealer next door.

They did have a used Kicks that we took for a test drive but it was a bit smaller than what we wanted so the guy suggested we try out the Qashqai.

It's brand new - a really nice looking car.
We took it out for a test drive and we really liked it and honestly if it was up to me we probably would have just bought it and been done.

I hate looking at cars and dealing with pushy salesman so the quicker I can get it over with the better.

But thankfully Jason was with me and he is the voice of reason.
He said we should continue on with our plan and finish test driving the rest that we were interested in before we made a decision.

So we headed over the Hyundai dealer next to try a Tucson.
This is where I bought my Mitsubishi.

They didn't have any Tucson's for us to try - said they can't keep them in stock - they sell before they make it to the lot.
They did have a used Sportage though that we took for a test drive and a Mazda.
I had a Mazda sedan before and I really liked it but surprisingly I didn't like the SUV we tried today.

I loved the Sportage though and it was fully loaded.
It was a 2020 but only had 37,000 km's on it.

The salesmen have this whole routine they do, they leave then the manager comes out and they did that twice in Hyundai.

They said the Sportage was listed 5000 below average because they really wanted to get it off the lot and what could they do to make this deal with us and get us to take it today?
I really want a hitch for our bike rack and the sportage didn't have one so I asked them to get me a price on getting one installed and some roof rack rails as well.

I wasn't ready to decide but it was down to the Sportage and the Qashqai for me.
I was car shopped out so we called it a day on that - figured we'd take the night to think about it.

We stopped at this vegetarian place that Jason found to gets some supper - KB & Co.

I had a falafel salad.
It was alright - I wouldn't have it again.

Jason had the blt sandwich with coconut bacon - it was a bit on the sweet side - I did like it but wouldn't be rushing back to have it again.
It came with a side kale salad which was far too lemony.

Jason got a curry soup as well - that was really good.

I got a lentil soup - again, it was just ok.

Then we hit the road for home.

We discussed the pros and cons of each vehicle on the way home.
The Sportage was going to be the cheaper option so I kind of decided that once they called with the price of the hitch and rails I would see if they would be willing to make a deal.

I figured I'd offer to pay for the hitch itself and if they ate the cost for the installation then I'd go with the Sportage.
They called and said the hitch would be just under 300 but they didn't know how much the installation was and their service department was closed so they would call tomorrow.

It kind of looks like we'll be getting the Sportage though.

Just before we got to town, Kody called to say that Freya was asking to see us so I said to bring her over and she could spend the night.
I'm back to work tomorrow but Jason is off and we were missing her.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment