Saturday 15 July 2023

Trying to Make Running a Regular Thing Again (July 14, 2023)

OMG - do I ever love Friday's off in the summer.

Friday's are my favorite day of the week anyway but they bump up in the like category even more when I don't have to go to work.

I got up fairly early and watched some Dead To Me.

It's a show on Netflix that I started watching a long time ago - I keep going back and just watching an episode or two but I really do like it so I think I'm going to make a point to try and finish it off.

I'm in the middle of Season 2 and there is a season 3 so I have a ways to go.

Rob has to work all day so he asked if I could go let the dogs out.

So I did that then I got ready and headed out for a run.

I wanted to try to do 5k and I did - it was a good run - I'm still struggling to do 5k but I know if I keep at it, it will get easier.


My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
Kind of on the higher side but I'm not concerned about that right now - I am more focused on building up my endurance and once I do that, then I can focus on time.
To be completely honest - I've never been all that concerned with my time - I just feel good that I'm running again.

 

I stopped by to let the dogs out again and sat out on the porch with them for a bit.

Ozzy.

Louie and Ozzy - they are probably missing their humans.

I had a protein drink when I got home.
I don't know if they help but it's worth a try.

Then I had a bath and started a new book.

In a Book Club Far Away.
I picked it up at the second hand store yesterday when I went to Whitecourt.
I also got a bunch of puzzles too for a buck each and they are really nice puzzles.

Anyway - I think I am actually going to like this book.

I got all my laundry done today and I also did some painting on some projects - didn't actually complete anything though.

Nadine sent me a picture of a project she just completed.

This is the before.

This is the after.
It turned out so nicely - I love it.

More pictures from the travellers in PEI - they had a beach day today.

That good old PEI red dirt.

Digging in the dirt is fun.

Making your own pools is good too but the best part is when you go home and have a shower or a bath and get all that dirt cleaned off.
It's nice to see that they are having good weather - there has been a lot of rain down that way lately so they lucked out.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment