Friday 14 July 2023

Scary Hail (July 12, 2023)

 First day taking my new wheels to work.

Our office is at the end of a gravel/dirt road so I drove super slowly down it trying to save her from getting dirty.

Wonder how long the babying will last?

I was super busy today but I still managed to get out for a walk - I just went for a shorter walk than I normally do.
I was thinking that I would get out for a run on my lunch hour but then Shennelle reminded me that the guys wanted to have a bbq for lunch today and she was super busy too so she asked if I would pick up the groceries for it.
So I did.

There were only a few of us around - it's always like that in the summer time.
Blair did the bbq'ing - he cooked up burgers plus we had salads, beans and chips.
Well they did.
I picked myself up a salad while I was getting the bbq groceries and I had that for lunch.
It's still nice to sit with everyone and visit though.

Right after work this terrible hail storm rolled in.
I was super anxious about the car getting damaged - I wanted to hide it but I had nowhere to do that.
I was king of driving around trying to get out of it but it was no use, I just have to hope that the hail isn't bad enough to damage it.

I went to Subway and picked up subs for Jason and I for supper.

Then back at the house, I jumped on the treadmill for a run.
Running outside in hail is not for me.
I ran 5k and it felt good once I got going.
I really want to get back to making it a regular thing.

All sweaty but feeling proud of myself.

After I ran, I ate half of my sub for supper (I'll eat the other half tomorrow for lunch).
Jason got home and the hail had stopped, no damage to the car thank goodness!
He went out for a run and I hopped in a hot bath and was trying to read some more of the Nora Roberts book I started.
I got into a sex scene and I'm just not into that so it immediately lost my interest.
I've been having a hard time finding a book that I'm into lately for some reason and I don't want to waste my time reading something that I'm not into.

I checked in with Kody and Haylee - they were nearly in Fredicton, New Brunswick.
They were either going to stay the night there at Randy's uncle's place or push on to PEI.
We planned to video message tomorrow night when they are in PEI for sure - I'm missing Freya.

When Jason returned from his run we watched a bit of TV then it was off to bed at a decent hour for me.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment