Monday 17 July 2023

Small Birthday Party (July 16, 2023)

 I decided to have a birthday dinner for Mom today since I missed hers.

So when I got up this morning, I headed to the store first thing to pick up the things that I would need.

I decided to make a Banana Sour Cream Cake and spaghetti and meatballs.

Jason was cooking this morning too - he cooked up a pile of meat for the guys at work today.

He did a brisket and it turned out lovely.

I got the cake into the oven when I got home from the store and puttered around a bit while it cooked then I headed out for a walk/run.
I wasn't sure if I was going to do a run but I knew I at least had to do a walk to get my steps in.
I figured I'd just start and see how I felt and a little ways into the walk, I felt like running so I did.

I went a different way again today and I did end up getting 5k in but that last .5k was so HARD.
I'd looked at my watch and I was hoping to be done but I was only at 4.53k and getting that last little bit in was a struggle but I did it!
That's 4 days in a row that I've run and I'm super proud of myself.
I'm thinking I might take a day off tomorrow but not sure yet - I also don't want to break my streak.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

Even though it's hard - it feels so good to be running again.

My flowers are looking good.

Mom has had Asia over for a visit for a couple days - she had her out for a walk and got back to the house just as I was getting back from my run.

Asia just sits in there so nicely the whole time - it's super cute.

She is one spoiled doggie!

I got the spagheti sauce cooking and made some meatballs and I also iced the cake.

I fiddled around with this some more and this is what I finally settled on.
I did make a couple different bows for it but I didn't like them - I think simple is better.

I did some house cleaning then while I was waiting for supper to cook and everyone to arrive, I sat down and finished my book.
It was a quick, easy read but I did like it.
The books I've been starting lately have not been holding my interest so this one at least did that.

Morgan was the first one to arrive - Calem had gone home today so he wasn't with her.
She's started back at making cakes again.

The lady she babysits for asked her to make a cake for Barret for his birthday - this is the example picture she showed Morgan.

She didn't want any fondant so Morgan had to do it out of buttercream but I think it turned out amazing.

Then she also did her first wedding cake this morning.
This is the inspiration cake.

And this is what she made.
Again the bride requested no fondant so Morgan had to do the swirls out of buttercream which she said was really hard and getting the square cake iced and well, square, was really hard as well.
But I think she did a great job for her first wedding cake and the bride was happy so that's what counts.

There weren't many of us for supper since Kody and Haylee are away, Jason was at work and Mel took the kids camping with her Mom today but it was nice to spend time with the few of us that were there.

My brothers Rob and Adrien.

Morgan and Mom.

Morgan and I.

I kind of forgot about my meatballs so they cooked a little extra and were a bit tougher than I would have liked but still edible and everyone liked supper so all good.

We had cake too of course - I had a small slice too - it will likely affect my weigh in tomorrow but it was worth it.

I have a hard time with this but I'm going to try to get better at taking a walking break when I need one.
I just find that once I stop and walk - it makes it harder to start running again.

I follow Joanna Garcia Swisher on Instagram and she made this salad that looked delicious so I think I'm going to give it a try.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment