Friday 14 July 2023

Accidental Find - Super Cool Pool (July 7, 2023)

 I didn't have a whole lot of room in the bed last night so I didn't have the best sleep.

It's worth it to have Freya though.

I love her so much - She is so sweet.
I'm going to miss her when she's gone for the next 3 weeks.

Jason went out for a run when he got up and Freya and I hung out at our airbnb.

Then when Jason got back, we got ready and headed out to find something to do for the day that Freya would enjoy.
First though, the ice cream shop was open so that was our first stop.

They even have their own truck.

Jason had the strawberry shortcake today.

Freya had chocolate again.
She was looking super cute in the little jumpsuit I bought her and she let me put her hair in braids so it would stay out of her face, at least somewhat.

The airbnb we are staying at doesn't have parking, you just have to find a spot on the street and when we parked last night, we parked next to a house where the lady and her friends were out sitting in the yard enjoying the evening and we were chatting them to a bit.
They were super nice.

When we went to get in the car today, they had a hopscotch drawn on the sidewalk by the house and they were encouraging Freya to give it a try.
She was a little hesitant but I did it with her once and that warmed her up.

She did it a couple times and she did well.

Freya wanted to go swimming at the mall again but it was kind of expensive so we thought we'd look for another spot.

We heard of this place called Accidental Beach that is in the River Valley so we went to check it out.
They were doing construction so we couldn't get down to it.

It was a nice area with some trails so we walked on those a bit.
We did make our way down to where we could see the river and when I saw it, I realized I woudn't have swam in it anyway, it looked pretty dirty.

We looked for another pool to try and found one nearby but it ended up being closed for some annual upkeep so Jason found another one out in Sherwood Park.

It only cost $26 for all 3 of us at this pool and it ended up being a hit.

I got her a new bathing suit yesterday.
It's super cute but hard to peel off once it's wet.
Going to the bathroom was a chore.

We got a locker and you could only open it once so again I didn't take my phone in with me - so no pictures while we were in there.

It ended up being an awesome pool.
There were slides and shallow areas for the kids.
There was a little lazy river too and all kinds of floaties of all different varieties that anyone could use.

There was a deep pool that had a blow up obstacle course on the water and Jason and Freya did that.
You had to slide into the water at the end so we put a life jacket on her but I think it still scared her a bit.

Then while we were in the pool, we heard a big horn like they have at the West Ed Pool when the waves start and lo and behold, waves started in this pool too.
It was fantastic.

We played there for a few hours and Freya just loved it.
She said she liked this pool better than the one yesterday.

Once we got out, I took a few pictures looking back into the pool area - doesn't that look great?

The lazy river is to the right here and there was a hot tub too although I didn't have a chance to test that out.

We left there and went to Calle Mexico to get a bite to eat.

Freya brought her art supplies in and drew this cute picture of a squirrel.
I love her drawings.

Jason had some refried beans - they were runnier than what we are used to but they were good.

I had the quesadilla soup - I've been craving it so I was excited.
It tasted different than I remember but still good.

Jason had these tostadas.
I had one of them and it was good.

I had chicken tacos - also good.

When we finished eating, we found a park nearby to take Freya too so she could play.
I needed a lot of steps so while Jason played with her I went for a walk.

I passed this house that had an old tree in their yard that they did up like an elf or fairy house.
It was so charming.

Another yard had this little seating area with a frame just framing the greenery - what a super idea.

Back at the park Freya had made a friend and she was having a great time.

She was much dirtier than when we started out today.
That's a sign of a day well spent.

She's like a little monkey and she can so so many things on her own now without any help.

There was a skate park so she just had to go over and run around in it.

She was bossing Jason and I around and telling us what to play, what to say etc..
We like to indulge her so it was fine - she has a wonderful imagination.

She was up and down and all around.

Just working off all that energy.

She had a little routine she showed us.

Having a break before she goes at it again.

Look at her go.

She wanted us to all race each other and she showed us exactly what we had to do.

Watching to see who is going to run.

These pictures are all similar but I had to include them all but I couldn't resist because I really liked them.

Just a fun summer day.

Haylee texted to see if I could pick her up a few maternity things at Old Navy so we headed over to West Ed again.
Jason took Freya to the food court to get something to eat and I ran up to Old Navy.

They don't really have a maternity section anymore but they did have a few things on clearance so I picked a few things that I thought she might like and sent her pictures.

She isn't really into pink but I liked this top and I thought it would be cool for her and a bit dressy.

This is the tank top she wanted me to look for and I was able to find one.
Not in the color she wanted but she likes this color too.

I found some maternity pants but they weren't the right size.

Then she didn't ask for a dress but I really liked this one.
She ended up liking everything so I got it all for her (except the pants).

In the meantime, Jason had taken Freya to the arcade by the food court and she was having a blast.

She rode this little carousel 3 times.

She wanted to try each of the animals you could ride.

Boogeying down on the carousel.

She would have liked to play there longer but it was closing up so we had to leave.
But now that we know it is there, we will bring her back another time.

So back to the airbnb we went.

It's such a nice area.

I love lights on trees.

We had wanted to get ice creams again but it was closed by the time that we got there.

So we just went for a bit of walk around the area before heading up to the room just so I could get the rest of my steps in that I needed.

Freya did some coloring in one of the books I picked up for her today.
We are meeting Kody and Haylee in the city tomorrow - they are starting their long journey across the country - heading to PEI.
It is going to take them 5 days to get there so I went and picked up a bunch of stuff for Freya for the road trip.
Things to do and snacks for her to have on the road.
Hopefully it will help keep her occupied a little bit.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment