Wednesday 5 July 2023

New Bike Rack (July 4, 2023)

 Summer is back!

It was nice and sunny out so I made sure to get for a walk to the road this morning.

I had a light jacket on but I don't think I needed it.

I wore work out clothes to work today so I would be ready and could go for a run at lunch time.

I ended up watching a vlog for longer than I planned so I didn't have long to get back to work so I ended up just running straight down there.

It ended up being just over 2.5k but running a little is better than none.


The exercise details.

My average pace and splits were pretty good but to be fair, it's pretty much downhill the whole way to my office from home.
Still - If I do it everyday and keep pushing myself a bit - I will get faster and my endurance will improve.

I found a 4 bike hitch mount bike rack on sale at Canadian Tire and the sale ends tomorrow so I was going to buy it online and pick it up on our way to the city on Thursday but I was having trouble getting the Triangle points card to work on there.

It's a big purchase so I wanted to make sure I got the points.
Then Bonnie stopped by my office and said that she was heading to Whitecourt after work to pick up a few things so I decided to go with her.

She's heading on a BC trip next week and needed some things so it worked out perfect.
I checked online and it said that there was 1 of the bike racks left in the Canadian Tire in Whitecourt. I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are but when I got there, it was there so I picked it up.
It's a bit different than the one we had and I have a step through bike so I'm not sure how it's going to work but we'll give it a try and if it doesn't work, we can return it.

We stopped at Edo before we left to get supper, I ordered something for Jason as well and we took it home with us.
I got the Teriyaki chicken and rice bowl with cauliflower rice.

After I got home and ate and then Kody texted to say that Freya was asking to come over again so he brought her by.
She wanted to spend the night again and she REALLY wanted to go to the store.
It was 9:40 and the store closes at 10 so we had to take the car which she wasn't stoked about but off we went.
Then at the store she decided that she wanted to stop at the skate park so we told her we could but only for 5 minutes (that never works out).
She said I had to stay in the car while her and Papa played.

Kody and Haylee stopped by the store and saw us at the skate park so they came over for a bit.
Freya started doing this flip thing last night, she holds our hands, Jason on one side of her and me on the other, then she jumps and does a flip.

At first she really needed our assistance but now she's gotten so that she can pretty much flip herself.

After many 'just one more' flips, we finally convinced her that it was time to go home.

Back at the house, Jason made us some 'ice cream' - it's his version that he makes with frozen fruit and he adds skim milk powder and fat free greek yogurt so it's really low in points.
It's a delicious treat and we pretty much have some every single night.

Then it was off to bed later than I would have liked and I'll pay for it in the morning but I'm off for 4 days after that so I'll catch up in the sleep department then.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment