Saturday 1 July 2023

Weight Watchers, Why? (June 27, 2023)

It was back to work for me today.

I had  my usual Tuesday morning meetings so it was busy.

When I went to open my WW app this morning to put my food in, it told me that my account was disabled.

I had no idea why and when I tried to log back in - it wanted me to pay a $30 fee for a new account plus $30 per month so I was unhappy to say the least.

I've been with WW for years and years so why should I pay a fee to start a new account plus I currently was paying 31.50 per month for both Jason and I.

So I called them and actually got to speak to a real person which surprised and amazed me.

She said they cancelled all dual memberships (which is bulls&%*!) - they just aren't to have them any longer.

No rhyme or reason - I find that super annoying.

If I didn't like the program so much and actually need it, I would have just left it but that's not the case so she helped me get set back up again.

I did not have to pay a start up fee and if I signed up for the year, it cost 30 per month but you get 6 months free so essentially I'm paying $15 per month.

Then after 12 months, it automatically changes to $30 a month but she said to call back at that time and they may have another promotion going on that they can give me.

I think they are banking on the fact that people will forget to call? I don't know.

Now Jason will have to call and reset himself up as well.

So now we are paying 30 per month instead of 31.50 so WW is actually losing money so I don't understand what the point was of the change but I wasn't happy about it - it was just an annoying pain in my butt this morning.

I got out for a shorter walk this morning.

Meanwhile back at the house, Freya was having a grand old sleep in - it was after 10 before she finally got up.

We picked up a watermelon yesterday and Jason is going to freeze it then make it into watermelon ice cream.
He bought some mint to go along with it - trying to copy the mint watermelon frozen lemonade we had at chick-fil-a.

They called Jason from Hyundai this afternoon.
They said the cost of the installation for the hitch would be around 275.
So Jason made the pitch to them - we'd take the car if we paid for the hitch and they covered the cost of the installation.

They said they'd have to call back and when they did they basically said No, they wouldn't do that.
It would cost us around 570 to get the hitch and get it installed.
So Jason said no thank you.
I couldn't believe it honestly.
Not one but two of their managers had sat with us and asked what they could do to get us to make the deal with them and now they were going to lose the deal over 275 bucks basically.

I was kind of bummed because I had my heart set on the Sportage now - Jason figured they'd call us back but they never did.

Oh well, looks like we are going car shopping again.

We picked up Freya a couple new outfits on the weekend and she just loves these little pant suits.
They look super cute on her too.
When I got home after work, Jason went for a run and Freya and I went for a walk around town.
She was going in the grass and the puddles so her outfit was pretty wet by the time we got home and she had to change.

Jason made his watermelon mint ice cream and I think it was successful - it did kind of remind me of the drink we had at Chick-fil-A which is what he was going for.

Kody came by to pick her up and she was NOT happy about it AT ALL.
She wanted to spend another night but Jason is working and I have to take Mom to the city for an MRI appointment so she couldn't stay and she was just so upset.

We were finally able to convince her by telling her she could stay until 9 then we would take her home instead of Daddy picking her up.
Don't know why that made the difference but it did - I think she just likes to feel like she has some say.

We stopped at the park to play for a bit on the way home and she found some mushrooms growing there which she thought was pretty awesome.

It was a little after 9 when we got her home and she was perfectly happy to be there.
It's so much nicer when she's not crying and having a fit - I hate seeing her upset.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment