Thursday 13 July 2023

All About Freya Day (Mostly) (July 6, 2023)

We got up and got ready to head into the city.
We left a lot later than I had hoped but it's ok - we reallly didn't have an agenda.

Freya got into the trunk and layed there for a while as we were getting ready.

There was a multi family yard sale going on in Fort Assiniboine so we stopped there to have a look.
There wasn't really anything that I was interested in but they did have their pet monkey there and he was pretty cute.
I don't think I've ever seen a monkey that tiny before.

Then we stopped at this cafe in Westlock that Bonnie had told me about.
Kerri's Cafe and Bakery.

It's an old church that they've made over into a restaurant and it's really nice inside.

Very big and roomy and airy - I really like it.

They had two soup specials on today so I got one, the corn chowder.
It was just ok.

Jason got the pho - it was not good at all.
They had chopped the noodles up into these little tiny pieces which was kind of weird.
We didn't even eat it.

I was very disappointed in their soups.

We shared a sandwich too and that was very good.
It had fresh ingredients and the bread was nice and fresh too - baked in house.

Freya shared it with us and she loved it too.

Then she wanted a slice of cake so I got her one.
It was a vanilla cake - super dense but I really like cake that way so I loved it (I just had one bite).
Jason didn't care for it as much.

He was kind of distracted while we were there.
I had called Northside Nissan to let them know that we were coming in and hoping to pick up the Qashqai on Saturday and they told me that they didn't have it.
It was still sitting in Vancouver and they couldn't really give me a date on when it would be here.
I said OK because I really didn't know what else to say but after talking to Jason realized that we are pretty much paying a car payment a week for the rental and we just can't continue on like that indefinately.

So he was looking for the number of another dealer we'd spoken to previously that had a Qashqai as well to see if they still had it and if they'd honor the same price that Northside had given us.
They said they did and they would and he was busy lining all of that up while we were there having lunch.

From there we headed straight to the Water Park at the West Edmonton Mall.
It cost us $196 to get in for the three of us which I thought was outrageous.

I left my phone in the locker with my clothes so no pictures but we had fun.
We kind of split our time in there between the little dolphin kiddie pool with the baby slides, the splash park with the big slides and the wave pool.

Freya's favorite was the kiddie pool.
She enjoyed herself and that was the goal so that was good.

We took her for a ride on one the ride on furry animals they have in the mall.
She wanted to do it herself but she's still too little so one of us had to go with her and she picked me.
The thing ended up breaking down way at the other end of the area we were allowed to ride in so I had to push it back which was kind of a bummer.

We took Freya in to have a look around the Lego store.
They have some cool displays in there all created with Lego.

You could make your own Lego character which Freya did.

You could make 3 characters for 12.99 but she only made one then she picked out a bunch of accessories to go with it.
They do have some cool accessories.

There was a station with a bunch of Duplo Lego blocks - the bigger building blocks for kids and Freya stood there and played with those for a bit.

It was a jungle set with all these animals and trees and flowers.
I considered buying it for her but it was $169 - What?
I knew Lego was expensive but that it just crazy to me (or am I just cheap?)

She was getting hungry so we took her to the food court to get something to eat and she knew just what she wanted.
Pork ribs and chow mein.
The chow mein was bland but she ate every single pork rib and wanted more so I got her some and she put a pretty good dent in that too.

My sweet girl.

Grandma and Freya.

Jason and I didn't eat at the foodcourt - we were saving our points for pizza.

Jason wanted to try Tony's again - we'd eaten there before but it was years ago and Jason wanted to try it again.
It was going to be closing soon after we were set to arrive according to Google so we just called and ordered what we wanted then stopped to pick it up.

It's an old school pizza place/family restaurant.

It is nice on the inside.

Love the old school logo.

Jason picked up the pizzas then we headed over to the airbnb Jason rented for us which happened to be only minutes away from Tony's in an old brick building.

I picked a pizza that had capers and artichokes on it.
I love capers on a pizza.

Jason picked just a cheese pizza.
Both were good - still like Sepp's more though.

We noticed an ice cream store right beside the building we were staying in and it was open until 10 pm so after pizza, we walked over there for ice cream.

There was a pretty good line up but those guys are pros and they ploughed through it like nothing.

They make their own waffle cones in house and the place smelled amazing.

They let you so a split scoop so basically two different flavors but in one scoop.
I got a scoop of Maple Bourboun Pecan and one of River Valley Road which was their take on a Rocky Road.
They do make all their own ice cream in house.
It was super good - especially the Maple Bourbon Pecan.
Freya had a chocolate one and she really liked it.

Jason tried their Cookies & Sour Cream and the Lemon Cloud.
Both of those were really good as well.
I dare say we will be back.

It's a nice area and they've done some work to pretty it up to bring people in and I think it's working.

We went for a little walk around and Freya tried to climb the lamp post.

We let her - I've been trying to let her do things on her own to figure out how to do things.
It's hard because I want to help but I know it's way better for her if she figures it out on her own.
She was able to get up there.

Then she got down by herself as well.

There are some very beautiful houses in the area and I'm a sucker for a front porch (even more so for a wrap around porch) and I just loved this place.

There were lots of amazing looking places - It's such a nice area and I didn't even know it existed really.
It's always fun to explore a new area.

They have lights all along the street and the window of our airbnb looked out on the street so we could see them.
Something about lights like this just makes it seem so magical.

Getting ready for bed.
The bed was only a double so kind of tight for the 3 of us but it was extremely comfortable.

Being silly.

The apartment was small but it had everything we needed and it was nice and clean.

The little kitchen area.

It was a good day and Freya enjoyed herself which was our goal so success!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment