Monday 31 July 2023

Freya's Room Make Over is Complete! (July 29, 2023)

I got up this morning, had my coffee then got right back at it with the frames.

I glued all the mold pieces I'd made onto the frames then I made cutouts of each frame with craft paper.

I numbered them so I knew which cut out when with each frame and I also put on the cut out exactly where the nail needed to go.

Then I headed over to the house to get them put up.

I figured out where center was and just started hanging them but it was a little hard to do myself with just a measuring tape.
Also, I realized afterwards that I actually have 12 pictures so I shouldn't have started in center.
I was a little frustrated with it and I wasn't sure how I was going to get everything straight and lined up and so I was talking to Jason about it and he suggested I leave it and he'd come over and help me with it after work so I decided to do just that.

I did get the drawer pulls put back on the dresser.
I also put a bunch of Freya's stuff back in the room.

I found this mirror in the spare bedroom and considered painting it pink or black to put up in the room.
I ended up skipping that - I was just wanting to get things done at this point and didn't want to add another project.

I finished up what I could then headed back home.

I watched this movie I've been wanting to watch for a while - Champions.
It was ok.

Jason found some little egg shells from a newly hatched baby bird out at work.

I needed a bunch of steps but I didn't feel like running so I just hopped on the treadmill and walked.
After 50 minute of walking, my hip was starting to hurt a little bit so I got off and had a bit of a break.

I had the munchies all day so I went upstairs and had a bite to eat.

Then I went back down and hopped on the treadmill for another 30 minutes or so to get the rest of my steps in.

I was feeling tired today so I was happy that I got the steps in so I could just go veg.
I was snacking all day long - I wasn't eating anything high calorie but I just kept feeling like I wanted something.
Not sure if I was really hungry or just bored?

When Jason got home, we headed back over to Kody's to get the pictures put up.
Together we figured out the measurements and the grid and put up the tape.
Then at each of the intersections of the tape, we put up the craft paper cut out of each picture.

You could see exactly where to put the nail in and we just nailed right over the paper.

Then we put the pictures up right over the paper to make sure it all looked good and it fit.
It did.
It was a lot of prep work but it worked so slick - only one nail for each picture and everything looked great.

So then we took all the paper off and the tape and voila - I was super pleased with how it turned out.

I'm glad we were finally able to use these pictures too.
We picked them up years ago in Saskatoon when we went there for a color run and there happened to be a Comic Con going on.

I had always planned on putting them up in my craft room but I think this is a much better use.

Just some close ups pf the molds I added to the frames to fancy them up a bit.

I think they add just enough details to the frames to keep them from being too plain.

I was so happy to finally get some good use out of my molds.

Using the glue gun in them worked awesome too - I don't like using the clay because I never use enough of it and it ends up drying out on me so I'm always wasting so much of it.

I do think that I need to get a better glue gun though - one that heats up the glue faster although what I did works.

We got the bed set up.
We had both the box spring and the mattress on but it was way too high so we took the box spring off and just left the mattress.

I got her this fuzzy black duvet set - I was just going to put a comforter inside it that she already had but she runs hot so I just put the duvet on with nothing inside it.
It's so furry and soft - I think she will like it.

Jason brought over Thing too and put it in the room for her.
You can see it sitting on the cube shelf behind him.

So it's all finished up - The black drawer pulls look so good on the dresser.

The bed looks so inviting.

The chandelier makes such a pretty pattern on the ceilings and wall.
I'm glad it's all done - it was a lot of work.
I hope she loves it - I can't wait for her to see it.

Meanwhile they stopped at the Terry Fox monument.

The girls were excited because they said they 'knew this guy from school'.

What Terry Fox did was so amazing and now that I run myself, I have an even greater understanding of how great his accomplishment was.
He ran the equivalent of a marathon a day, day after day.
I ran one marathon and then it's taken me nearly a year to get back to running regularly again.
He's pretty amazing.

The girls.

They are in Ontario so like a couple more days of driving before they get home.
I'm figuring later in the day on Monday.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment