Monday 24 July 2023

Make Overs All Around (July 23, 2023)

While I'm doing Freya's room make over, she was doing a make over of her own .

 

My sister sent me these pictures this morning of her make up that her new make up artist did.

Doesn't she look fabulous?

The blue eye shadow is on point.

And those red lips - Wow!!!

I called and chatted with her for a bit while I had my coffee then I headed back over to Kodyy's to get back at it.

I did another coat of the pink and I think it's the last coat that I will need.
Then I got started on cutting in the black.

It didn't take me long to make my way around the room.

Then I went and kind of marked off where I want the black to go up to.

I was imagining it a bit higher but I wanted the chair rail go bo underneath the window.

Then I got a coat of black on.

I like how it looks - the pink is so light it almost looks white I think when I add the stencil it's going to really pop.
In between coats, I started painting a bookshelf that she had in the room too.
It was white but I'm painting it black.

Nadine dropepd by in the afternoon to help me  which was so nice of her.
I got things under control though.
I did one more coat of black then I had considered getting started on the stencil but then I changed my mind.
I was worried that the paint wasn't dry enough and I don't want to go tearing any of it off with the stencil so I decided to let it have a full day of drying.
So I did all I could today and I headed home.

I hopped on the treadmill when I got home and ran 5k on the treadmill.

It is getting easier - I started off at a speed of 4.0 but near the end bumed it up a bit so that's progress.

Then I pulled out all of my molds.
I have some art I want to hang in Freya's bedroom and I wanted to put it in fancy victorian style frames but couldn't find any so  I'm going to take a stb at making my own.

I tried teh hot glue in the mold and it worked well but I really need a super hot glue gun, especially for the larger molds.
Once the glue starts cooling down, it doesn't work as well.

The other issue I came across is that I wanted to make these corners but I could only do one at a time.
So I'd have to wait each time for the glue to dry before I could get to the next one.
Not a major issue but not ideal either.

I glued the molds I made onto the frames - they are flat and the frame is not so they aren't touching everywhere but hopefully it works.
I'll check them tomorrow.

Then I'll give everything a coat of black and hopefully it will tie it all together.

I was looking for a comforter for Freya and I came across this which I think she would love so I think I'm going to order it for her for Christmas.
It won't get her in time for her bedroom reveal otherwise I would have tried to get it for now.

And that was my weekend.
I was talking to Kody a bit tonight to get an idea of when they would be home so I can make sure to be all done.
He said he wasn't sure but if I get everything done by next weekend I should be good.

He did say they changed their mind about moving to a single bed so I'm glad I didn't buy anything, except the mattress of course but that hasn't been delivered yet so I'm going to call tomorrow and cancel it.

Jason went for another run after work tonight then he made us ice cream before we headed to bed.
He worked an extra 4 days for his cross shift guy so he's going to be working 11 days straight.
Makes up for some of the time he had to take off when we went to Florida so it worked out ok.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment