Thursday 27 July 2023

Stencilling Complete - Now the Decorating Fun Begins (July 26, 2023)

 Another grey and rainy day over here.

I had to wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt to work today plus I had my heater on in my office because I was freezing.

What happened to summer?

I looked at the forecast and it supposed to stay like this for the next 10 days, WTF???

I hopped on the treadmill at lunch time and ran 5k.
I started off at a speed of 4.0 again and was able to bump it up some nearing the end.

Feeling good about my progress!

Back at work a couple of parcels had arrived for me.
Jason ordered Thing for Freya.

He also ordered her the dress Wednesday Addams wears to the dance.

This one.
It looks a little big but I think she will like it.

The chandelier I ordered for Freya's bedroom also arrived - it was in pieces and needs to be built - hopefully it's all in there.

I had to run mom up to the doctor for an appointment this afternoon.
She thinks she has a UTI again - she gets them A LOT.
It was pretty quick - she did the urine sample then we left and the Dr said he'd call with the results and send a prescription to the pharmacy if she needed it.

He never called but I just got home from work and was about to change into my painting clothes when I got a text from the pharmacy saying that mom's prescription was ready for pick up.

They put her on a stronger med this time - not sure if that means the infection is worse but hopefully this takes care of it for her.

I got my paint clothes on and headed back over to Kody's to get the stenciling finished up.

Yay - I was so happy when it was done.
It didn't meet up exactly but I just kind of winged it - I don't think you can tell.

Nadine came over to help again and this time she brought Karl with her and he hung the chandelier for me - I think it looks so pretty.
For some reason when I ordered it I thought it was black but its actually a dark bronze color.
I looked back at the description in Amazon and it very clearly states that it is dark bronze so that was my bad.
It still looks great in the room though and I so appreciate Karl putting that up for me.

I had hoped to get the trim put up tonight as well.
Mom had put a coat of paint on them for me at lunch time but I think they need another coat so after I finished up the stenciling, I went home and did that.
They are all ready to go now and when Jason gets home from work tomorrow night, he'll get them put up.
The room is getting there!
Most of the big work is done now the fun stuff begins.

The medallians I added to the shelf were dried on there pretty good so I gave them a coat of black paint.
I may rub a bit of gold on them after the black dries or I may just leave them, haven't decided yet.

Jason cooked up some steak for supper and we had that with a salad.
I've not been tracking on WW but I think I've been doing fairly good with my eating.

The travellers are starting for home today, Haylee posted a few more photos from their time in NS.

Freya at the beach.

I love this little bathing suit on her.

Look at those waves - looks like fun.

Playing in the sand.

Looks like they were having a nice day.

Freya and Mommy.

Playing in the water together.

Haylee's getting a pretty good baby bump.

I think they are on the Halifax ferry here.

Loving on Auntie Jen's kitty.

Hanging with her Grampy Ronnie.

Doing Auntie Jen's make up again.

She did it a few times while they were there.

Hard to pick which look is my favorite.

I am leaning toward the uni-brow though.

I'm glad they had a good time but I'm also happy they are heading for home.
I miss Freya tons and can't wait to see her.

Finally, a couple laughs for today.
Ba ha ha!

They truly are!

Seems about right.
Total cat vibes.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment