Monday 24 July 2023

Freya's Bedroom Make Over Begins (July 22, 2023)

 I was up early this morning, had my coffee then gathered up all my supplies and headed over to Kody's.

The sun was shining and it looked like it was going to be a nice day after all but I already decided I'd start on the room today so I just stuck with the plan.

First thing I did was stop and the office and pick up some boxes so I could pack up everything in Freya's room and move it all out.

Then I moved out all the furniture as well so I'd have nothing in my way.

Then I got going on washing the walls all down.
I don't know if I had to do that but I wanted to.
I also went around a filled in all the holes with spackle.

Now everything is fresh and clean and ready to go.

I taped everything off then put a line about where I thought the chair rail would go and got a coat of the pink put on the around the top.

It's a very pale pink, almost white really but I plan on putting a stencil on and it will be a bit darker shade of pink so it should show up nicely I hope.

I had gone over to Adrien's to borrow his measuring tape and Alivia was over there so she came back to Kody's with me to hang out.
She ended up hanging out with the animals more than me because I was kind of busy.
I got a couple coats of pink on the wall.
I think I may do one more tomorrow then I'll start in on the black at the bottom.

I was busy and moving all day but I still had more steps to get when I got home so I hopped on the treadmill.
I just walked and it didn't take me long to get the rest of the steps I needed.

I felt a little guilty for not getting a run in today but at least I got my steps in.

After that, I got to work on a couple more projects.
This was a shelf that was in Freya's bedroom - It used to be white, purple and yellow so I gave it a coat of black - this will fit with the room better now.

I aslo had this mirror in my room that has been tucked away in a corner for years.

It was this brown color.

So I covered up the mirror part and gave it a coat of gold so it would go with the room.

It stands on it's own but I think I may take that part off the back and just hang it on the wall.
If I even use it - not sure yet - I'll see how it looks once I start putting the room back together.

By this point I was pretty played out.
When Jason got home from work, he went for a run then made us some ice cream then it was off the bed so I can get up and do this all again tomorrow.

It's going to be worth it when Freya sees it - I hope she likes it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment