Monday 24 July 2023

Pizza Garage and Kind Ice Cream (July 20, 2023)

It was another super quiet day at the office.

Summer is always like that.

It's good though because it's easier to get work done and we have to cram 5 days worth into 4 so it works out.

 After work, we headed in to the city for the night.

We have an appointment to get cross bars put on the car tomorrow and so we figured we'd go in tonight and then go for a run in the river valley tomorrow morning before our appointment.

We stopped and had a look around Marshalls when we got to St. Albert - I didn't buy anything - I think that is a first.

I was looking for stuff for Freya's room and nothing really jumped out at me.

Next up was supper.
We were both craving pizza so we headed to Pizza Garage.

We'd eaten here once before and we both really liked it.

We went with the Via 313.

There it is, it was so yummy.

The owner is VERY into pizza and very knowledgeable about it too.
He sat out and talked to us while we ate.
We quite enjoy going there.
We ate the whole pizza!

From there we went and did a bit more shopping.
I am trying to find a single bed with storage for Freya but there isn't a whole lot to chose from.

We found these two at Jysk.
This one is a bunk bed and Haylee did say she wanted a trundle or something.

This one has the desk underneath and lots of storage.
I did like it however, you can't fit a full size mattress, it has to be thinner otherwise it would be too high and the child could possible fall over.
I didn't like that - I already ordered a mattress and it is quite thick so I have to think about it.
We might be able to add something like a rail to the top but I don't know.
I don't want to pay all that money then doctor it up.

We checked out a few places but didn't really have any luck then we ran out of time.
Kind Ice Cream is open until 10 so we decided to go there for a treat.
Jason put it in the GPS and it took us to this other location which was fine.

There was quite a long line up.
We didn't mind.

It is much smaller inside than the other one we were at.
They make their own waffle cones on site so it smells amazing.

I got my favorite Maple Bourban Pecan then I also tried the Birthday Cake which was ok but I think next time I'm just going for all Maple Bourban Pecan - it is so delicious.

After we ate our ice cream we kind of did some walking around the area.
I needed to get the rest of my steps in.

Then it was off to the hotel.
We are staying at Coast downtown again - it's easy access to the river valley for running.

Once we were checked in, I went online and did some shopping for Freya's bedroom.

I ordered her curtains.

These cool lanterns.

A really nice chandelier which Jason is going to install for me.

And this moon lamp - I love this.

Crystal posted some more pictures of the travellers.
Looks like they are having so much fun.

Looks like they are on a boat or something.

I love a boat ride - Zepplyn doesn't look thrilled but it could just be the picture - she doesn't love taking pictures.

Meeting a pig.

Randy meeting a shaggy goat.

Jellyfish on the beach.

Train ride.

Uh Oh - looks like the girls got into some trouble 😉😉

With the fisherman.

The red sand and rocks of PEI.

On the beach by  the West Point light house which is just up the road from our property.

Family portrait.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment