Sunday 25 March 2018

Weigh In Day (Mar.13, 2018)

Well because of moving the time ahead on the weekend, it is back to being dark when I head out to work in the morning.

The trade off is that it stays light out longer.

It won't be long though before the day light starts staying longer and boy do I love that time of year.
Makes it a bit harder to get to sleep at night but I wouldn't give it up for anything.

It was back to work this morning after an unexpected extra long weekend.

I was expecting a ton of work on my desk and emails to sort through but it wasn't that bad.

Because I missed yesterday, today was weigh in day.
I wasn't sure what to expect because I followed plan really closely all week last week, didn't go over my dailies until Saturday.
Then I treated myself to pizza (thin crust), popcorn at the movie (no butter) and trail mix.
Sunday and Monday I was more careful about the choices that I made but I didn't actually track so I wasn't 100 % sure how I did.


I ended up being down 2.2 lbs so that was encouraging.
I am back to tracking today and following the plan.

The morning just flew by.

For lunch I made myself a turkey sandwich and had some extra turkey breast just to fill me up.
This afternoon was just as busy at work.

I was doing some testing on reporting and that meant a lot of investigating to see why things showed up the way they did on the report.
I needed to confirm if the report was incorrect or if the set up in the program the report was pulling from had incorrect information entered that the report was actually reporting correctly.

I found a little of both.

My Honey was home hard at work getting as much as he could done on the fireplace before he heads back to work tomorrow.

He cut one piece and was trying to figure out if the overhang was too much.
He didn't want to secure it into place without me having a look so I drove home quickly this afternoon to give him my two cents worth.

We are going to leave it - I think once the bricks are on, it will look great, the overhang will be just enough.

We picked up these for the project at Home Depot.

They were a little pricey at $80.00 a piece but I think they are really going to finish it off nicely.
At first I was wanting to paint them white but we tried staining them the same as the mantel board and I think I like the look so we will leave them that way.
The rest of the wood will be painted white though.

He attached what I am calling the counter top and then set weights and the mantel board on it to secure it in place.
So this is kind of an idea of what it will look like if you imagine the mantel up in place.
I think it is going to look beautiful.

This fireplace project sure turned into far more work and money than we were expecting but I guess that's par for the course with renovations.

I am getting really excited about seeing the finished product.
My Honey is doing a great job - he is just so talented at so many things.

I don't think we'll be able to finish up these days off but maybe next days off.
I am going to try to get started on painting walls while he is working this week.

I went back to work and stayed a little late to make up for running home.
I could work at the testing forever so it was time well spent.

I stopped at the store to get some cash on the way home as I have a massage tonight - Yay!

Supper was some left over turkey again only this time I had the whole meal.

My therapist ended up calling because she had a cancellation so I wolfed back my supper and headed up there an hour early.

The massage felt wonderful
I am so glad I treat myself to this every month or so - it is so worth it.
We chatted about upcoming runs and she always gets me pumped to get running.

When I got home My Honey was finishing up with what he can get done on the fireplace.
I helped him with clean up a little bit.
He is back to work tomorrow for 7 days so it will be a week before he can get back at it.

It is starting to really take shape though and I am so excited to see the finished product.

We stayed up later than we should have which I am so going to regret in the morning.
Still staying on plan, tracking and feeling good about it.

Fitbit stats for today

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy.














No comments:

Post a Comment