Monday 19 March 2018

Miami Trip, Day Seven, Time to Go Home. (Feb.27, 2018)

I got up nice and early this morning so I could enjoy my last morning here in Miami.
 
I had a shower and was sitting in the glorious sunshine on the balcony by 8:30 and it was already 27 degrees out.
Sporting my new top I picked up yesterday.
I sure am going to miss this gorgeous weather.

My fitbit died today and I forgot to bring the charging cable so I put it in my purse and didn't wear it for today.
It lasted just about the entire trip which is pretty darn good.
I'll put it on the charger when I get home so it will be ready for me to wear tomorrow.
I miss it a bit, I use it as a watch too so I was lost a few times when I wanted to check the time.

We packed up and checked out and basically headed over to the airport.

Our hotel was only about 10 minutes away from the airport so that was nice.

We dropped off the car rental then went to check in.
It took us about 40 minutes to check in and get through security which wasn't bad.
We headed to our gate and were hoping that we could get some breakfast.
Unfortunately there weren't many options in that area.
We got breakfast biscuits at Pizza Hut but they were horribly dry and hard so we threw them out and went to a little coffee/empanada spot.
I ordered an iced coffee with cream and sugar and the girl said they had no cream so I said I would take milk.  Her response to that was that they didn't have any milk either.
What kind of coffee place doesn't have cream or milk?
So I skipped the coffee since I can't do black coffee.
We did get a couple empanadas though then went to wait for our flight to board.

I picked up some chex mix to take home for mom cause she likes it and grabbed a Miami magnet since I'd forgotten to get one and I usually get one for a souvenir on all of our trips.
 
Our flight boarded and we were up in the air and on our way in no time at all.
 
I had the window seat - I loved looking at Miami as we were flying away.
 
There is the downtown Miami area.
 
The flight was nice, barely any turbulence at all which was great because it kind of gets to me lately.
 
We landed in Toronto and after going through customs and back through security (what a pain in the butt that process is), we had enough time to actually sit down at a restaurant and have a meal.
 
We found a little deli place that My Honey had heard of before so we decided to give it a try.
 
Still happy even though we are heading home.
 
I had the bagel and lox
 


with a greek salad.
It was delicious.

My honey had the smoked meat sandwich.
 
We also tried a side of their version of bacon.
It was great but no surprise there, bacon is awesome!



For desert they had ricotta filled crepes so I ordered them but the waiter brought us the apple blossom instead which was basically like a rustic apple pie.
 
He apologized for his mistake but we told him no biggie and ate it anyway and so glad we did because it was divine.
 

Our flight from Toronto ended up leaving a little late but not too bad.
I let My Honey have the window seat this time and we lucked out and had the row of seats to ourselves.
A few of the rows had empty seats around us so we weren't the only lucky ones.

We landed in Edmonton just after 8:30.
We got our luggage then we both changed into some warmer clothes before heading out into the cold Alberta weather to catch the shuttle to our truck.

It was actually not too bad outside, I think it was -2 which felt warm for here.
We hopped in our truck, stopped at Tim Horton's so My Honey could get a coffee then we were on the road by 9:30 pm.

We got home just before 12:30.!We took our luggage in, dropped it in the living room and headed straight to bed as we both had to be up early for work in the morning.

I am sad that our vacation is over but I enjoyed it immensely and am already looking forward to our next one, New York City!!!

I will admit that it was nice to get all cuddled up into my own bed tonight.
Adventures are awesome, but coming home is nice too.
 
Step count took another hit today as we spent most of the day travelling.

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment