Saturday 24 March 2018

Last Minute Vacation Day (Mar.12, 2018)

Well our plan was foiled immediately upon waking as we slept in far later than we wanted.
Oh well - no biggie.

We got ready to go and checked out.
My Honey took the bags to the truck and I checked out their complimentary breakfast.
It looked pretty good so I texted My Honey to come back in so we could just have breakfast there.

It was really close to 9:30 when we were getting our food and breakfast was supposed to be over at 9:30 but they didn't kick us out and more people kept coming after us.

They had lots of options.
I had scrambled eggs (they were so good), a boiled egg, fresh fruit (real not frozen) and bacon.
It was that really skinny bacon that they cook kind of crispy.
So good.

So I was happy about that.

We left there and headed to Brock White which is where we were going to get the brick.

We got there and turned out their power was out.
For a minute I was so disappointed as we'd stayed an extra night just to go there but they said they would help us if they could.

So we settled on what we wanted.
We chose a half brick in kind of cream and beige colors.
I wanted white but they didn't have that.

They were very helpful and answered all our questions.
They also were able to give us our stuff as we agreed to leave a credit card number for them to charge later once the power came on.

It cost us a bit more than we were expecting but I think it is going to look great.

After that, we headed over to Lowes to pick up the counter top.
It had to be in the back of the truck so we only wanted to grab it on our way out of town.

By this time, most of the morning was gone and I knew I wasn't going to make it in to work for any length of time so I decided to take a vacation day.

So then because we had the time, we stopped for groceries.
I was glad we had the time to do that because there were a few things that I really needed.

We looked for a place for lunch and found a burger place we'd never tried before.
DELUX Burger - St. Albert


They had a turkey burger salad on special so I knew that was an option I could have.


The food was super good there.
I think we will be back.

Because the place was so close to the Italian Market, we stopped there as well.
It is one of My Honey's favorite places.


We got some date squares and a cannoli for my mom.

Then finally we headed home.

We got home just after five which gave me enough time to help unload the truck, grab a quick bite for supper then head out to curling.

We are in league play offs right now.
Tonight was the second round.

We ended up winning so that was nice.
Next Monday we will be in the final game.
We've come this far - hoping we can pull out the win.


Neat idea!


This memory popped up on Facebook of my nephew Mr.E.
What a little cutie pie he was - hard to believe he was once so small.
He was such a little cuddler too, I loved holding him and snuggling him.

Then it was pretty much time for this girl to go to dreamland.

Fitbit Stats

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!












No comments:

Post a Comment