Thursday 22 March 2018

Training in Slave Lake (Mar.8, 2018)

I had to drive to Slave Lake first thing this morning.
They hired a new administrator to take over their safety administration so I was heading over there to train her.


I did get some kitty cuddles in bed this morning before I left.


It was light out when I left and the roads were nice and clear so it was a nice drive.
I put it on the Broadway station and sang my little heart out the whole way there.
It was my first time going to our office in Slave Lake so when I got there, one of the admins took me around for a tour and introduced me to everyone which felt a bit awkward but I guess those kinds of things sometimes do.

We worked on training all morning then for lunch the ladies had things to do so I popped over to Subway and grabbed myself a sub.


I got the new chicken rotisserie with everything - it was yummy.
I picked up a footlong - I only ate half and I will have the other half tomorrow for my lunch.
Luckily I knew they locked up the office at lunch so I'd had the foresight to ask for a keyfob to get back in.
I caught up on emails over lunch until the ladies got back.
There was a bit of chatting going on after lunch so it took a little bit to get back at it but we did.
My Honey was home working on the fireplace.
The insert is finally out of the box and he tried it in the space to see if it fit and it did no problem.
He wanted to wait until I got home to box it in because he wanted to make sure I was happy with how he worked the electrical cord in.
I don't want it to be strung across the room but we may not have much of a choice.
I told him I trusted his judgement but he still decided to wait.
I was hoping to be on the road by 3:30 or so but Kelly had some questions and she wanted to try doing a few things herself while I was there so it ended up being after 4 pm when I left.
I didn't mind at all, I think the best way to learn sometimes is to jump right in.
Watching someone else do something while they explain it is helpful but then getting right in there and trying it our yourself is so helpful.
You are more engaged and little things come up that when you are showing someone, you might not think to explain fully but then when they are doing it themselves, those little things become more apparent.


The drive home was just as nice as the drive there.
I don't mind having a long drive by myself like that every now and then, I certainly wouldn't want to have a commute like that every day though.
My Honey texted me to see if I wanted flank steak, chimichurri and greek salad for supper again since it was so good last night and I 100% agreed.

When I got home, this is the sight I found.

Busy surfing the net together I guess!
 
Even when My Honey left to go cook up the steaks, Paddington stayed there at the lap top like he had business to attend to.
 
Mom prefers hers more on the well cooked side so he made sure to cook a piece to her liking.


While the steaks were resting, we had a look at the fireplace.
He showed me his plan for hiding the electrical cord and just as I figured, he had a great idea so tomorrow he is going to work on boxing in the fireplace.

 
Supper was so good.
The chimichurri he made is a little heavy on the garlic but I just love it.
I went back for seconds of greek salad and added a spoonful of the chimichurri to it just because I feel like I can't get enough of it.
I am still following Weight Watchers and tracking my points so I am feeling good about that.
We've decided to do the fireplace in bricks and I am going to paint them white so on Saturday we are planning on going in to the city to find bricks and a few other little things we are going to need.
Hopefully by next weekend I will be painting!

My niece texted me to see if I could drive her to pick up this little guy that she is buying.
She is moving into a bigger place at the end of the month so she figured she had the room and she just fell in love with him.

Can't say I blame her, he is precious.
 
The place she's getting him from it a few hours away but I said I'd take her.
Will be nice to spend the day with her and catch up.
After supper I was feeling super tired again for whatever reason.
By 8:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open so I just headed to bed.

Not good, not good at all.
 
That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy.

 

 

 

 



 
 



 

 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment