Thursday 22 March 2018

Talent Show (Mar.9, 2018)

Seeing sunshine first thing in the morning has such a great effect on my well being.
It just puts me in such a great spot emotionally.
I love it.
Work was the same old, same old.
Got lots done.
Headed home for lunch to see My Honey and watched last night's episode of Grey's Anatomy.


My Honey was busy cooking today and sent me this picture of the glorious ham he cooked looking all glazed and delicious.


he cooked up a turkey too, stuffing, potatoes and gravy.
It was yummy.
And it was within my points total for the day - bonus.
There was a talent show here at the community center in town for our winter carnival so I asked mom if she wanted to go.
When we got over there the parking lot was just packed so ended up going back home to get My Honey to drop me off, otherwise I practically would have had to park at home anyway.
We could have walked down but I left it until the last minute so we would have missed some of the acts.
We sat with Nadine, Karl, Sharon & Bob.
The acts were pretty good.

Miss A was there, so she came over and sat with mom & I for a lot of the show.


The first performers were the wee ballerina's.
So adorable.

There is a little guy in town who is a ventriloquist so he did a little act with his puppet.
It was great.
His sister wrote a song and performed it - it was funny and she did not experience stage fright in any way, shape or form.
She was super confident and it was awesome.

She treated us to a Moana's "How Far I'll Go".
She did a good job!

These girls sang a duet.

We had some dancers perform.

Then we were treated to a song on the banjo.
She sang along to it and she did a wonderful job.

More singers.

More dancers.


There was a bit of an intermission so Super Girl got out their on the dance floor.

She was just doing her own thing.

Completely oblivious to everyone else around her.
She was just darling.

The Jazz crew was up next.

The had some moves.

She performed a piece on the piano for us.

Another soloist.

The hip hop crew.
The little guy is SV's grandson and he is quite the performer.

This sweet fellow did a magic act.

Miss A sang a song with a couple other little girls 


Loved these costumes, kind of looked like a super hero.


They had some funky moves too!

This little guy was brave enough to get up and sing a song on his own.


Another brave soloist.
I don't think I would have had the courage to get up there on my own at their age.

Miss A's 2nd performance of the evening, she and another girl (SV's grand-daughter) performed a dance together.
She did a great job.

The last performance was the Dinosaur Dance.
They got all the performers from the evening to line up on the dance floor.

Not surprisingly, it took a bit to get that accomplished.

Then the dance started.

There are lots of actions including stomping and chomping and everyone was having a lot of fun up there.

Even the kids out in the audience were dancing along.
I guess it's a big thing at the school.

We hung around chatting for a bit after as SV had a few things to do and I asked her to give mom & I a lift home.
My Honey and I were going to watch an episode of Game of Thrones when I got home but the internet was so slow that it just wouldn't start.
So we watched some You Tube stuff on New York pizza then hit the hay.
We are heading into the city tomorrow to pick up some more supplies for the fireplace.

I saw these fence painting on Facebook today and had to share because I think they are wonderful.

Who doesn't love a beautiful sunflower.

Pretty poppies.

I think it would be lovely to have a fence like this in the yard to look at.
Like a blooming garden all year long!

This one is my favorite, it isn't as colorful but I love trees.

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!




















No comments:

Post a Comment