Wednesday 28 March 2018

Dinner Reno Style (Mar.25, 2018)


My Honey and I both had egg sandwiches for breakfast.
Then he got to work on sanding the drywall patches and I went to work on the blog for a bit.


It really looks like we are in renovation mode now.


My Honey took all the electrical covers and light switch plates off in the hall and he also took the cover off this vent.
He just had it kind of laying beside it so in my infinite wisdom, I moved it out of the way kind of wondering why he'd left it there and thinking that I was helping him out.
Within about a minute of moving it, Professor Snuggles got right in there into the duct work.
I felt so bad and I was worried too.
My Honey just shook some treats and he came right out but now his interest was peaked so the cover just sitting there wasn't going to keep him out any longer.
My Honey had to screw a piece of wood to the wall to cover the opening.

Thank goodness it wasn't Paddington who went in there, he doesn't really know how to jump.
We'd likely have had to tear our house apart to get him out.
Suddenly I lost my internet connection and couldn't figure out what happened.
My Honey had unplugged it to move it, ha ha!
We plugged it back in but just couldn't get it working.
No biggie though.
I got out the shop vac and started to do some clean up.
It vacuumed up the big chunky stuff really well but all the dry wall dust was venting out and it was like we were inside a huge, hazy cloud.
I was wanting to get to painting and had already dusted the walls but now dust was everywhere so I ended up having to wash the walls right down.
 
My Honey had more sanding to do so he put up a plastic sheet to stop the dust from coming down the hall while I painted.
I felt a little like I was being quarantined.
It was also meant to keep the kitties out - I didn't want them rubbing up against the wet paint.
Of course as soon as you want them to stay out, the only thing they desperately want is to get in so we had to banish them to the basement with mom for the day.

There was just drywall dust every where.
 

The painting was much more work than I expected.
It is going to need another coat but I really think I am going to like this white paint.
 
I got a coat put on in the hallway then left it to dry for the night, I will do another coat tomorrow.
My Honey was still hard at it though, trooper that he is, so I made us some supper.

I cooked up chicken breast,
 

spinach& garlic


and put together a salad.

I did get My Honey to make his famous salad dressing for it, his dressing is the best.
 
The living room is totally ripped apart right now so we had to come up with a makeshift table.

It worked.
 
It was kind of nice actually, we don't normally sit at the table to eat so it was a treat.
 
We ate and watched the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 Minutes.
I didn't really care about that story but afterwards they did a story on a Greek basketball player in Milwaukee.
Giannis Antetokounmpo
I had never heard of him before but I'm not big into sports so no surprise there.
It was a great story.
Made me want to go to Milwaukee just to take in a game and watch him, he is amazing.
Seems to have a wonderful personality too!


Desert was puddings and Cool whip.
We ate supper quite late so when we finished, I should have went to bed but I was feeling super dusty and dirty so I had another bath.
No book or anything this time though, just total relaxation.
My Honey put a couple of coats of paint on the fireplace.
It is ready for brick now but he didn't have the right spreader for the mortar so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment