Friday 30 March 2018

Enough with the Snow Already! (Mar.27, 2018)

Woke up this morning to another dump of snow.
OMG Mother Nature - it is spring, get with the program.
There must have been about a foot of snow on the truck that I had to clear off.
And the snow was still coming.


These come in so handy for snacks.
I had a package for breakfast today - 0 smart points!!


By lunch time, it had snowed so much that I had almost another foot of snow to clear off the truck.
The snow was higher than the tops of my boots so my poor little feet got soaked just walking to the truck.


My Honey made some lovely tomato and pinto bean soup for lunch.
I made a grilled cheese sandwich with weight watchers bread and a jalapeno laughing cow cheese wedge for dipping in the soup.
It was delicious.


We wet the mantle board up to get a feel for how it looked.

We are going to cut it down so it isn't as long and My Honey is going to do some more planing on it but I think it is going to look great.

My Honey did a bit of painting in the afternoon and when I got home I did some work on the door frames in the hall but just wasn't into doing any painting.
We decided to just take the evening off.

My Honey made pizza for supper.
It was too yucky outdoors for him to light up his pizza oven and make thin crust pizza's so he just made a couple big ones with thicker crust in the regular oven.

It tasted just as good.

I was in control and only had 2 pieces even though I would have loved to have more.

We watched a couple episodes of Game of Thrones.
The last episode of Season 6 and the first episode of Season 7 which means we are almost caught up.
Only 6 more episodes to go, then we'll have to wait for Season 8 just like everyone else.

I will miss it!

But then we can get to This is Us so there's that to look forward to.
My Honey is back to work tomorrow so my goal is to get all the painting done before his next days off so we can get right to installing the floor.
I have 7 days and a 3 day weekend so if I give 'er, I know I can get it done.

Miss A had a dance competition in the city,  SV's grand-daughter was her dance partner and they won silver medals.
Way to go girls!

Hit 5000 lifetime miles today!

What a great idea.

Ha ha - ok, maybe I have a strange sense of humor.
Ba ha ha ha ha!
(Really I would choose the bacon but still funny)

Ok this time some memories popped up from a trip to my inlaws.
Since My Honey built his clay oven there, we always have a pizza day when we visit.

He is a professional dough maker.
He has perfected it so I just leave him to it.

He made me a Cavoletti, my favorite.
Brussel sprouts, dates, blue cheese and walnuts.

Into the oven it goes.

Perfection!

Lily is on self imposed guard duty.

Pizza number ??? in the oven.

Tried the egg on a pizza.
It was good.

These are the leftovers after we all ate!
He was a busy boy today.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment