Monday 26 March 2018

Curling Wind Up (Mar.22, 2018)

Even though I am not thrilled that we winter is sticking around longer than I'd like, I must admit that the trees look awful pretty when they are covered in hoar frost.

After it lightened up a little, I went outside to take some pictures.

It is like hundreds of tiny little icicles all stuck together when you look at it up close.

My Honey was hard at work on the fireplace today.
Looks like he can start on the brick tomorrow.

He also was sanding the wall some where he took out the closet.


Professor Snuggles loved the dust from the sanding and was rolling around in it.

My Honey tried to keep him away but he just would not stay away.

Then Paddington figured it looked so fun that he wanted in on it too.
My Honey said later when he vacuumed up the dust, he just vacuumed the kitties too, ha ha!

The curling windup was this evening which is just the end of the year wrap up/get together.
We usually have steak but they changed things up a bit this year.
They were cooking a roast and then they wanted everyone coming to bring a side.

I was debating all day on what to bring and finally went with perogies.
I stopped at the store on my way home from work to get the ingredients.


As soon as I got home I got the perogies into boiling water.


I got the bacon and onions fried up.


Then I put it all together in a roaster


with a whole container of whole cream just to make them extra creamy good.

When I got home from work this afternoon, they finally had the hole in our street filled back in and I could drive into my own driveway.

I got to work making them as soon as I got home because I only had an hour.  It was starting at 6 and we made it there just in time.


It was a really good spread.


Thankfully there were lots of salads too choose from so I had a pretty good plate of food.
I skipped the buns and the perogies (even though I love them), so I don't know exactly how many points I used but I feel like I made reasonable, healthy choices.


My Honey doing the instagram food pose.


There's his handsome face.

I did have a little desert too, half a piece of square with some strawberries and cream.
We hung around and chatted until just after 8 then headed home.


The hoar frost on the tree against the blue sky looks so pretty (and wintery).

My Honey got a call asking if he'd come in to work tomorrow, his cross shift guy needs to get his truck looked at so he said he would.
That means putting up the brick is pushed to Saturday but I'll be home to help him that day so that works.
I watched tonight's episode of Grey's Anatomy before calling it a night.

More of Maui 2014 to Share.

Not hard to get big smiles when on vacation!
SV and My Honey.

We went on a whale watching tour.
Although we saw lots of whales, even were treated to a full breach, this was the best picture I could get.
+
That evening we went to see an Elvis impersonator.

He was really good.

Especially at Jumpsuit Elvis - he was on point with the Elvis shake.

I am a super big Elvis fan so had to meet him.
Turns out the guy is originally from Alberta.
Small world.

Another dinner - we eat out a lot on vacation.

Being silly.

Had to get SV in - the three Mauiteers!

This was the view from our condo.

Big Beach - It was beautiful.
The surf was strong so it was a little difficult getting into the water but once you passed it, it was fine.
I didn't dare go very far out though.

You could watch the whales playing out in the water from the beach.

We went on a food tour in Paia.
We stopped at Willie Nelson's Bar "Charleys".
It had this cool giant guitar.

We had a giant macadamia nut pancake with macadamia nuts and coconut syrup.
The syrup was so good I got some to take home.

We decided to go for Thai food one night.

Ms SV looking gorgeous.

My Honey loving me up.

We went to the aquarium then afterwards we had a snack.

We had a little visitor at the bench.
First time I've ever seen one in real life.
They do look just like sticks - kind of creeped me out a bit.

SV and I bought some new hats.

I used to work at Kmart for years when it was still in Canada and I have a lot of wonderful memories from working there so I love it.
When ever I see one I get super excited - weird I know.
I was doing the Vanna presentation here!

That is all for today,
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment