Tuesday 20 March 2018

Working Out Feels Great (March 1, 2018)

Another chilly day out there.
Boy I sure am missing that Miami warmth already.

At least it is a little lighter out in the mornings now.

Work was busy again, still playing catch up a bit.
I called the Vet as soon as the opened to make sure we could bring Max in and then picked up mom and we headed out.
It is an hour away and she wanted to hold Max in her lap for the drive so she did.
She was very quiet the whole drive there.

The Vet was very good, sympathetic and helpful.
They said they would do an autopsy for no charge since he'd just been there yesterday.
Also, they allowed mom to return his prescription that she just picked up yesterday as well, thank goodness as it cost 170.00 bucks!
Mom picked out the urn that she wanted his ashes to be in.
It is actually a box with a space in it to put a picture and it has a little engraved message as well.
I came up with what I wanted it to say then they called me to tell me that I had too many characters so I had to change it.
It cost 210.00 plus tax but they said they would take care of the difference so that was nice of them.

Mom was a little more talkative on the way home so that's a positive sign.
She will still be weepy every now and then but that is completely to be expected.

When we got back to town, I dropped her off at home then I grabbed a turkey sandwich and headed back to work.

After work I put some fish in the oven then I got a bee in my bonnet to go down and work out.
I decided it was the first day of the month, what better day to get started.

I figured if I at least got in 20 minutes then I would be happy with that.
I ended up doing 30.
I was just going to walk for the first 10 minutes but after 5 minutes I felt ready to get going.
After that I jogged for 4 minutes then walked for 1 minute and continued that pattern until I got the 30 minutes in.

It felt really great to get it done.

Afterwards I watched some Counting On.
I was happy to see that it was back on the air.

The Vet also called with the results of the exam on Max.
Apparently his stomach was full of blood and he had growths all over his liver, some of his glands and his pancreas was enflamed grossly.
They think something may have ruptured and they aren't sure if the anesthetic had any part in his passing but with all they found, it would only have been a matter of time.
So again, I am grateful that he went quickly and didn't have to suffer.


Actually made it over the 10,000 step mark!
 
We hit the hay around 9 pm, it's the earliest I've gotten to bed since we came home and I really needed a good nights sleep.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment