Tuesday 20 March 2018

Color Run in the Works (March 2, 2018)

I've been waking up to headaches and I think that the dryness here in Alberta is at least partially to blame.
It really seems to bother my sinuses.
My Honey got up to get me some sinus pills and I took them and laid there for awhile before getting up.
 
The sky was looking so pretty this morning, I tried to capture it in a picture but this was the best I could do.

I sure am happy that it is Friday.

At work today we discussed how we could raise funds for a former coworker who recently was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and only given 1-2 years life expectancy.
Her husband, brother and father all currently work with us as well.
She is only 30 and has 2 young girls so it was devastating news.

We decided that if the family is ok with it, we are going to plan another color run here in town to raise some money to help them out.
A family member did start a Go Fund Me page for them today and it is already over the 11,000 dollar mark which is so wonderful to see.

I was super cold all day and even though I had my heater on in my office, I couldn't seem to shake it so when I got home from work I planned to have myself a nice hot bubble bath.
 
 
The fireplace insert I ordered was waiting for me at the office.
I thought it would be too heavy to take home by myself but it wasn't and I managed just fine.

When I got home my son was there, so I visited with him for a bit first.
His girl is away visiting family in Saskatoon for a week so I think he may be a little lonely.

After he left, I prepared my bath then I soaked in there for about an hour and read some more of my book, Game of Thrones.
It is really good and so far the show seems to have really followed the same story line as the novel.

When I got out of the tub finally, I didn't really feel like making supper so I ordered pizza.
I called My Honey and he picked it up on the way home from work.

It was a quiet evening.
I got caught up on a few more PVR'd shows, Grey's Anatomy and I Am Jazz then it was off to bed.
The girls and I are planning on heading to the city tomorrow for dinner and a movie to celebrate NT's birthday.
The forecast is calling for a winter storm so we'll see how things look in the morning before heading out.

I didn't get a workout in today.
I want to get back at it though so I can run my 5k in New York next month.
I will do it.
 
Ouch!!
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment