Monday 19 March 2018

Back to Reality (Feb.28, 2018)

It was back to the grind this morning.
Up nice and early to head back to work.
I was tired but at least this is going to be a short week for me.

First order of business this morning, weigh in.
 
261.4 lbs
I was up but that was to be expected.
We were travelling all day yesterday and that always makes me swell up, my feet especially.
Plus I wasn't making the healthiest food choices while we were on vacation either.

It was busy at work catching up on paperwork and emails.

For lunch I grabbed a turkey dinner from the store and stopped at the house to eat it.
Mom was getting ready to go pick up Max from the vet, my brother had dropped him off there this morning to have some dental work done but he had to leave and go to work so mom's friend was taking her there to pick him up.
It is an hours drive away.

Work continued on busy as usual this afternoon.
I stayed a little late trying to get through all my emails but I eventually had to give up and head home.
I will get it done tomorrow.

I picked up a couple of frozen pizzas on the way home for supper because I didn't really feel like cooking too much.
 
My niece came by to pick up the Minnie ears I'd picked up for her.
They look darn good on her I think.

I waited until just before 7 pm to put them in the oven so they would be warm for My Honey when he got home from work but he got home a little early because he had to head straight out to curling.

I forgot that he curled on Wednesday's.

It worked out good for me though because I was able to get caught up on some of my PVR'd shows that he doesn't like.

Just before 8 pm my mother yelled out to me that there was something wrong with Max so I ran down there.
He was laying on the floor and he was having trouble breathing.
I set my mom down by him so she could comfort him and I called my brother right away to come over to take us to the Vet.
Then I called the Vet to let them know we were coming and by the time I got back to Max he was gone.
It was so devastating for my mom - he was her constant companion, her best friend.
She doted on him and spent every moment caring for him.
It just happened so fast it was hard to comprehend.
I am glad it happened quickly though and he didn't struggle.

I got my mom settled in her chair then put Max on her lap so she could have some time with him.
My brother R and I sat with her for awhile then I convinced her to let me wrap in in a blanket and put him in his dog bed.
She let me do that and then I told her to just have a really good cry.
It is like losing a member of the family.
He has been with us for 13 years and it will be strange to not have him around.

I had to call My Honey at curling to find out if it would be ok to leave Max in the house over night.
I've never had a pet die before and I didn't know if I needed to keep him cold or what.
He assured me that it would be ok for the night so that is what we did.

It was really a sad day, you just never know what is going to happen do you?
 
Fitbit totals for today.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment