Sunday 18 March 2018

Miami Trip, Day Three (Feb.23, 2018)


Woke up to a bright sunny day again - oh sunshine, how I love thee!

Just checking our the view from our balcony while My Honey was getting ready.

Fireman Derek's bake shop is right there in front of that crosswalk sign.
Good thing I don't live here or that could become a problem.

Look at all the murals I can see from right here on our balcony.

Can't believe some of the buildings are actually blank.

I think it would be fun to live here and watch for new things to pop up all the time.

Wonder if the dogs actually obey?

We walked over to Fireman Derek's and picked up a few things to bring back to our balcony and enjoy before heading out.

Obviously, red velvet cake is the most perfect thing to have for breakfast,

and croissants

and grasshopper pie!

After we finished breakfast we packed up, checked out and hit the road.
Since we had a vehicle we wanted to check out some other parts of Florida.
The lady at the store where I bought the purse yesterday raved about Orlando so we figured we would head there and check it out.
It is quite a drive though so we are going as far as Fort Pierce tonight then we'll drive the rest of the way tomorrow.

Before leaving Miami we wanted to check out the Juice Palace.

Wish we could figure out a way to be on vacation/travelling all the time.
See how happy it makes us?

They have a little bit of everything here.

Inside here is the actual juice bar.
I tried a coconut juice and a carrot juice.
Both were great.

We each picked out a few things to try.

I got some shrimp and rice - the shrimp was DELICIOUS!

My Honey got chicharon and I wasn't expecting to like it but I did, it was delicious.
I also got these crab ball things to try,
I asked for two of them but maybe they thought I meant 2 lbs because they gave me a whole bag full of them.
They were just awful and I ended up throwing them out.
Everything else we had was delicious though and we couldn't finish so took it with us on the road to snack on later.

This kitty was hanging around - don't think he'll go hungry around here.
I know My Honey gave him a bite to eat.

What a name!!!

What a beautiful day to go for a drive.

I was hoping we'd be driving along the coast and would see lots of water but that didn't happen.
This was about all the water we saw for the entire 4 hour drive.
(We could have gotten there much faster but we avoided the main highways hoping the back roads would be more interesting.

Our room in Fort Pierce was nice but whoa, did it ever smell musty.

We opened up the windows hoping it would be aired out a bit when we came back.

Got to get those glasses as clean as can be!

When we checked in, the hotel clerk was very friendly.
We asked him if there was anything around that we should check out.
He told us about a few good places to eat and that there was a fair in town and that sounded good to us so off we went.

The restaurant had a guy sitting in the parking lot that told us where to park.
Maybe we were supposed to tip him?  Not sure but we had no cash anyway.

Chuck's Seafood.

This was the recommendation the hotel clerk gave us.
Said it was in the top 10 for seafood in Florida.

I thought the bathroom signs were clever.

The place was decorated with that beachy theme.

You could tell it was kind of dated but that was part of the charm of the place.

Of course we opted to take advantage of the weather and the view and sit outside.

My Honey

Moi

They had oysters on the half shell with sour cream and caviar which I've never tried before so we just had to have it.

Trying caviar for the very first time.

Such a pretty presentation.
It had chopped onions on it along with the sour cream and caviar and although we felt it was a little heavy on the sour cream, it was really tasty.

We tried the house fish dip and OMG, it was so freaking good.

My Honey ordered their platter which had all kinds of goodies on it like shrimp, fish and scallops.
The scallops were among the best we have ever tried, so tender and juicy.

I had the clams and not only were they super good, they gave a very generous serving of them.
We were utterly impressed with our supper.

Afterwards we parked at the nearby beach and went for a walk.

Just some pelicans out on the water.

Beach selfie.

I thought these condos would be great to live in.
Just up the street from the fabulous restaurant and across the street from this lovely little beach.

I had to take my shoes off and get my toes in the sand.

The sun was starting to set and it looked so pretty.

Sunset Selfie!

Striking a pose.

We left the beach and stopped at a Walmart we'd seen.
I love checking out Walmart in the states and all the different things they have that we don't have back in Canada.
Also, I wanted to get some candles or air freshner or something to help with the musty smell at the hotel.

Then we headed to the Fair.

They had a whole crew of people dedicated just to parking cars.
I must say that it was very organized and orderly.
I couldn't believe how many cars were out there in the field.

It was quite a walk over to the fair grounds.

They even had a tractor that was picking people up in the "parking lot" (really it was just a field) and transporting them over to the fair grounds.

When we finally got up to the entrance the line up was ridiculously long.
We stood in line for a little until we found out that it was for people who'd purchased a package thing for the whole event on line.
If you were a one timer you could just go right on up and go in.
Thankfully that applied to us or else I think we'd have spent a couple of hours in line.

The fair grounds were just packed with people

and food stands.

Some of it looked interesting (deep fried oreos).

They all have this same kind of look to them.

We saw this mechanical bull as we walked in and this little fellow seemed to be doing a pretty good job of staying on.

It was a gorgeous night out.

Looks like you could go for monster truck rides.

There were lots of rides.

We didn't go on any but the folks that were on them sounded like they were having a great time.

The grounds seemed to be huge and went on and on.

They even had all the carnival games.

Seems like they have nicer prizes now then when I was young and went to the fair.

We stumbled upon this rodeo going on so sat to watch for a bit.
I am not even sure what some of the events were.

This was the calf roping - I at least knew that.

The announcer was great and they played lots of fun music so I really enjoyed myself.
Which is saying a lot because normally rodeo events are not my thing.
I don't enjoy watching events where there is potential for the athletes and/or in this case, the animals, to get seriously injured.

Just a bunch of cowboys hanging out.
One of them was from Alberta which I thought was pretty cool.

They make it look so easy, but after my experience in Costa Rica riding a horse, I don't know if I'll be running out to do it again anytime soon.

Getting ready to ride the bucking broncs - this is one of the events that kind of scares me to watch.

The Doughnut Burger looked interesting but we didn't try it.

Instead I honed in on this booth.

Corn in a Cup!

Got me a lemonade too.
They had all kinds of toppings you could add to the corn, including mayo and spices.

My Honey chose to try the tacos.

He tried two different kinds.

Hard to go wrong with tacos.

We kind of stumbled upon the cow barn next.

Aww, what a cutie.

This one was curious.

In case you want to know what cut of meat comes from where on the cow when you are in there making friends with them.

When I am seeing an animal up close and personal, I understand why a person might chose to not eat meat.
They really are beautiful and seemingly gentle.

Good advice to have outside the barn.

Pig races?

Looks like they were getting ready for bed time.
The pig barn was closing up so this was as close as we could get.

Just a giant metal rooster.

Goat Mountain? Yes please.

Goat mountain was loaded with goats as you might expect.

They are so entertaining to watch.

Awww, a little baby.

These two were playing up in their little fort.

Next we found a petting zoo.
This Llama looked to be grinning for the picture, ha ha!

Everyone loves petting zoos!

More goats - they knew she had food!

So many goats, love!
They were all huddles together having a nap.

Hey, I'm over here, come feed me!

These guys were interesting with their shaggy longer hair.

Camels need love too.

and sheep.

They even had a wallaby, similar to a kangaroo but smaller.

Think he was just as curious about me as I was about him.

They even had an alpaca

And another cutie pie baby goat.
He was tiny, looked like a newbie.

It is fun to watch the little kiddos feed the animals and get so excited about it.
Their reactions are awesome.

A hypnotist was putting on a show and we stopped to watch for a few minutes.
We weren't really into it though so we called it a night after that.

Saw this cool little western building on our way out.
Not sure what it's purpose was but still cool.

We did, thank you St. Lucie!

Not to shabby with the step count for today.

Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment