Sunday 18 March 2018

Miami Trip, Day Four.(Feb.24, 2018)


Picked these up at Walmart last night so cracked them open while My Honey was getting ready.

Grabbed this to try as well and it was super good.

Boiled Peanuts?
We've never seen them before - what does one do with them I wonder?

First stop after checking out was breakfast.
We had a heck of a time finding the place but we finally succeeded.

It had that beachy nautical look.
I'd love to have a little cottage by the beach and I would so decorate it in this style.

We waited A LONG TIME for our breakfast.

I was getting bored.

We both were.

FINALLY!
My Honey had the shrimp and grits.

I did scrambled eggs & bacon (protein).

Couldn't resist and got a pancake too.

My Honey read about how good the doughnuts were at this place we made one more stop before hitting the road.

They had this barbeque going across the road and the aroma was mouth wateringly good.

We tried a few kinds.
This was strawberry cream.

an apple fritter

a cream filled one.
We both decreed these to have the best doughnut dough ever.
It was light, airy, just sweet and chewy enough.
The icing left something to be desired but if they used this dough recipe and upped their frostings, these would hands down be the best doughnuts we've ever tried.

I also ordered some doughnut holes which I called timbits and the lady looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about.
Which of course she wouldn't seeing as Tim Horton's is mainly a Canadian thing.
Weird to think these aren't called timbits everywhere.

We headed out after that.

We took a different highway this time hoping to see more of the coastline.
For the first couple of hours we didn't really see any coastline but we were going through towns so it was more interesting scenery than what we saw yesterday.

Then we did get to the water and some of the homes that were along them were just huge and gorgeous.

My Honey snapped these pictures for me as I was driving.

We stopped in a town called Melbourne for some lunch.
Our first pick we couldn't get into the parking lot so we drove around a bit and finally settled on this Nomad Cafe.

They had a nice little patio area so that was were we sat.

We had some company.

It was a pretty space, lots of flowers and greenery.

It was nice to get out of the car for a bit.

I had the Nomad Pie which was similar to a sheppards pie.
It was covered in cilantro (yuck), but I just scraped it all off and gave it to My Honey.

He had the tacos.
I love this plate, the color, the design, love the whole thing.

After we ate, we got back on the road and headed toward Orlando.

We got stuck in a bit of traffic but pretty soon we were in the land of Mickey!

My Honey treated us to a night at the Regency Hyatt.
The grounds of this place were absolutely stunning.
It was like a resort and you did have to prove you were a guest checking in in order to be let onto the grounds.

The lobby of the place was enormous.

The room was so nice.

Awesome shower too.
It had both the overhead shower and a hose one and bonus, it wasn't one or the other, they both worked at the same time!

We checked out the balcony - great view.
Then put on our bathing suits and headed out to check out the property.

Looking back at the hotel - what a gorgeous place.

We are thrilled to be here!

It had a great pool area that kind of went on and on.

That rock wall is all along the pool.

There were tons of lounging chairs and even a little lake area.

It even had a sandy beach area with paddle boards and peddle boats.
It also had a sign saying to beware as there may be alligators in the area so as much as I've always wanted to try paddle boarding, no way would you have gotten me out on one here!

It was a great beachy area though.

There were hammocks,

a rock wall,

even a cool suspension bridge over the pool.

There were little walkways all around so we followed this one to see where it would lead.

Just so pretty.

The path led to this tree with all these little lanterns in it.

I have a thing for lights in trees.

We kept following the path and ended up at a golf course right on the hotel grounds.

We went back to the room

The balcony was tiny, just enough room to stand there really, but a gorgeous view.

The sun started to set as we were standing there and what a sight.

You could see the Epcot Center off in the distance.

Since we were so close and it's always been a dream of mine to go, we decided we would do Disney.
We went down to see the concierge because they sell tickets right there and went over all of the options.
There are four parks here in Orlando but as we only have one day, we decided to just do one park.
I know My Honey would have probably preferred Universal, we opted for Magic Kingdom on account of me.
He's so good to me.

It was getting late by then so we found a restaurant in the hotel for supper.
They gave us a basket of bread and crackers to start.
The bread was really good.

Waiting for food, again!
They were not the speediest, that is for sure.
Thank goodness for those buns they gave us.

My Honey got a pizza.

I got a salad but it was more of a plate of meat, crispy bread and soft mozzarella.
It was loaded with capers too that were deep fried or something.
They were little delightful crispy bites of salty goodness.
I didn't leave even a piece of one on my plate.

After we ate, we got our bathing suits on and went for a swim.
The pool area was mostly deserted by then.
It was so cold getting in but once we were in it was nice.

The pool went into a cave like area under the rocks and it had all these little water falls.
It was really great.

I wanted to go back and see how the lantern tree looked in the dark.
The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was kind of magical.

When we got back to our room, they were setting off fireworks above Disney.
We could see them pretty good from our balcony even though they were quite a ways off in the distance.

I went online to set up some Fast Passes for Disney tomorrow, I really want to go on the "It's a Small World Ride", that one is very iconic to me.

It wasn't working for me so I called the help line and turns out the concierge sold us the wrong tickets.
I called down there but they were closed for the night so I'll have to get up early in the morning to go down and fix them up.
They said I would have to pay the price difference but they couldn't tell me how much that was.
Hopefully not too much as we already paid $130.00 per ticket.
(How do families even afford to go there?)

It was a great day and I am so excited about Disney tomorrow that I am not sure how I'll even get to sleep.

Lots of car time today so not so good with the steps, tomorrow will be better.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment