Sunday 25 March 2018

Monkeys for Monkeys (Mar.21, 2018)

Still no water.
They have quite a hole dug out there now.

When I went home for lunch one of the workers told me they'd finally found the leak and that hopefully we would have our water back tonight.
Woo Hoo!


I put up a new message on the words of wisdom board at the office.


When I got home after work, things were looking up out there.

My Honey was busy working on the fireplace all day.

Looks like Professor Snuggles found a new perching spot.


All taped up and ready for brick and paint.

When I got home after work, I made a tuna salad for supper.
Just a can of tuna with mayo, onions, garlic powder, curry, radishes, jalapenos, liquid smoke, Worcester and capers.
I made a couple slices of toast with weight watchers bread to eat it on and when I ran out of bread, I just ate the tuna salad by itself.
It was delicious.

After I ate, I finished watching the last episode of The Crown Season Two.
I really enjoy the show and every time something happens on it that seems unbelievable to me, I google it to see if it really happened that way.
Most times so far, the show has been not too far from the truth.
So it's kind of like getting an entertaining history lesson.
I am kind of bummed that the Queen & Prince Phillip will be played by different, older actors next season but I'll give it a chance.

My Honey was outdoors working on the mantle board and I was kind of falling asleep on the couch when I started to hear this loud gurgling noise, probably around 7:30 or so.
Not much later mom came up and said the water was back on.
I was thrilled.

You don't realize how much of a convenience some things (like running water) are until you don't have them anymore.

Mom was routing around for something to eat and I asked her if she wanted to go to the store for a snack.
She did.
I thought maybe we could stop by my brothers to see the kiddos on the way home but they were getting ready for bed so we stopped there first.

We hadn't seen them for awhile so it was nice.

They had to show mom & I their rooms right away.



He is so proud of his.

Mr H wanted me to sleep in his bed with him tonight or come to my house for the night.
If I didn't have to work in the morning, I would have let him.

I gave them the little monkeys I picked up for them in Florida.

They were supposed to poop out candy but we had a hard time getting them to work.
It was Miss A that finally figured out the trick!

We made forts for a little,first on the floor.


Then we upgraded to the couch, which was nicer for me.


It was total darkness under there when I took the selfie so I had no idea what the pictures would turn out like but not too bad.

Around 8:30 we figured we'd let my brother get them to bed and we headed to the store.
We picked up a few groceries.
Then as we were leaving, saw my niece walking to the store from work so we told her we'd wait and give her a lift home.

Her kitty is sick so I told her to make an appointment for the vet and I'd take her.

 I got these dried, roasted chick peas I've been eyeing up at the store.
I got the ranch flavored ones and tried them as soon as I got home.
Didn't really like them as a snack on their own but they might be good to add to a salad for crunch.

My Honey was hard at work on the fireplace this evening.
He puttied the holes from the screws and some of the edges where the wood met.
He also puttied up the new drywall he had to put in behind the fireplace.
We are seeing progress.

I am so excited to see the finished product.
I think it is going to be awesome.


This is so true.
I think weather forecasters are the only people who can be wrong at their jobs so often yet still keep them.
(I have nothing against weather forecasters, I just thought this was funny)


Ha ha ha ha ha - this struck me as so funny.

I know, I know, it could be totally legit.

I do know that I have purchased items in the past where the store clerk has forgotten to remove the security tag so that could absolutely be the case here, still funny though..


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment