Wednesday 28 March 2018

The Brick is Up! (Mar.26, 2018)

I was looking forward to weighing in because I felt like I would be down.
 
I was!
253.6lbs.
That is just about 3 lbs.

I was super pleased!

Hard to see in this picture but the walls are going to need another coat for sure

The edges in the closet are going to need another coat too.
 
When I got home at lunch time, My Honey was very perplexed about how he was going to put the brick up.
It was a spacing thing.
The brick and the space just didn't match up linearly and he very much wanted it to look good so he spend A LOT of time trying to figure it out.
 
When I got home after work he was well on his way.

He ended up cutting about half an inch off of the bricks so that the pattern would work better.
I think it looks great.
 
 
He is going to leave the spacers in for a couple days to give the bricks lots of time to set then we will go back and put in the grout.
 
 
I have decided that I am going to whitewash the bricks.
I am also thinking that we need to add some trim work to the wood.
We were afraid that it would get too busy but looking at it now, I think it needs a little something, something.
 
 


While he finished up, I made supper.
I roasted up asparagus, brussel sprouts, green beans, garlic and onions.
I also whipped up a batch of these super easy and delicious instant mashed potatoes.

I warmed up a couple pieces of chicken and voila, a delicious supper!
 
I got another coat of paint onto the walls in the hallway and I also did another coat on the edges in the closet.
I am hoping that will do it and I can move on.
There are 4 doorways in the hallway and I need to paint the trim on them.
It is more detailed and time consuming work.
I've been doing a little of it here and there but I need to really get after it.
 
This reno sure is taking longer than I expected but we are seeing progress.
It will all be worth it in the end.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment