Tuesday 12 December 2017

Memories of NYC at Christmas Time! (Nov.30, 2017)

I think getting up early is getting easier - I don't try to talk myself out of it in the mornings now, I just get up and get it done.
Got 58 minutes in today.

Sweaty Selfie.

My Honey sent me this picture of Paddington.
He is sleeping in such a strange position - what a silly little kitty.
He provides us with so much entertainment.

My Honey made Pad Thai for lunch.
I love it when he is on days off - he makes the best meals!
 
When I arrived home after work, he said he needed to take a spin to WCT so off we went.

We stopped at Original Joe's for supper and I had their amazing roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and a creamy sauce.
OMG - these things are crispy, salty deliciousness, I love them.

We also got some calamari to start.
Their calamari is pretty good too - you know it's the good stuff when you see they have both the round pieces and the little tentacle pieces.
 
We just ordered a burger to share and they were nice enough to cut it in half themselves and bring us each a plate.
I had the quinoa salad with mine and I left there feeling very full and satisfied.
 
Some Facebook memories that popped up to share today.
 
This was from our trip to New York City in 2013.
 
This was a view of Lady Liberty herself as we were arriving in the city.

This was the day we arrived and we got there in time to catch a Broadway show that night.

We chose to see Big Fish and it was awesome.
By this point we were really starting to figure out that we enjoy the musicals a lot more than the plays.
We still like those too though.

Here I was trying alligator sausage for the first time - it was ok - kind of greasy.

I loved seeing all the Christmas decorations in the city.

These giant ornaments were so awesome.

Subway selfie.

The whole reason we came at this time was because I wanted to go to the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center.
Here they are getting everything ready.
 
It is just a beautiful tree.
We were blessed with really pleasant weather while we were there.
I've always wanted to get back at Christmas time but haven't made it yet.
Some day I am certain I will.
 
Happy with my Fitbit stats again today.
I know that if I continue to be consistent that I will see results.
 
That's a wrap for today, until next time, be happy!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment