Tuesday 5 December 2017

Las Vegas 2017 Trip #2 Day #6 (Nov.16, 2017)

Ok - so I've given up on the idea of working out while I am here.
It hasn't happened yet and I just don't think it is going to.

Today we had plans to go out and see Red Rock Canyon but first stop was breakfast.

We chose Black Bear Diner this morning.
It is a franchise but we were tried it last time we were here and it was very good.

They have black bear everything.

They picked their theme and ran with it.

There are even little bears all along the curtains.

My Honey had Heuvos Rancheros, of course.

I had the pancakes and bacon and some eggs for protein too.
Then we were off to Red Rock Canyon.

It is really a beautiful spot.

I didn't dress for hiking which didn't matter because it was so windy there, I wouldn't have hiked anyway.

There was a group of folks out there that had rented these cool little cars.
Not sure how easy they would have been to handle in all that wind though.

Trying not to be blown away.
Seriously - the wind almost knocked me over - it was incredible.

All the differant colors on the mountains look so cool.

I find I end up taking all these pictures of the same thing because it's just so beautiful and I just want to capture it somehow.

My Honey decided to do a little climbing which made me a little nervous I'll admit.

It looks higher than it was though.

This was the highest I was comfortable with him getting on this windy day.

Lots of people were out enjoying it though regardless of the wind.

This terrain is so differant than what I am used to seeing at home - so beautiful but in a different way.

Another awesome shot of nature's beauty.
That kind of looks like water in the forefront of the picture but it is actually just sandy, rocky dessert.

My Honey did manage to fiind some berries growing in the dessert though - leave it to him, he is like a berry tracker.

Another example of all the layers of colors in the rock formations.

BN & JM trying to not be blown away.
 
Ha ha - it was like a mini hurricane.

I am surprised his hat stayed on.

Picked myself up a snack - Chex Mix of course but my first time trying this Sweet & Salty flavor.
Cheddar and Bold are still my favorites.

We also tried these - they were just ok - I wouldn't get them again.

My Honey found this ice cream place somehow so we went and checked it out.
I am always up for ice cream.
There is the Stratosphere in the background.
We have been to Vegas five times now and I still have never been inside that building - one of these times.

It is just a cute little walk up and order place.
There is no restaurant, just a window that you place your order at.
It is in a kind of seedier part of town but don't let that stop you from trying it out.

They have tons of flavors to order from and they put specials on all the time too.

I had the pumpkin ice cream with pralines and caramel.
I am not sure what flavor My Honey had but I do know it had pecans on top and they were delicious.
We will most definitely be coming back here again.
 
We headed back to the hotel after that to have some down time before heading out tonight.

Parking in the Luxor parking and there was Elvis parking and heading to work?
Only in Vegas!

After some down time, we hopped back in the car and headed to Fremont Street to take in the lights and the sights.

There is the zip line.
We were going to go on it one time but the line up was going to take a few hours so we changed our minds.

There is always lots going on down here.

Love all the lights.

And the Neon signs, not sure if they are true neon signs but they still look cool, so Vegas-y!

This shoe is one of my favorite signs.

We walked up to the container park to see the praying mantis.
We weren't able to see it spit fire tonight though, it was too windy so they weren't doing that tonight.

The container park is such a great idea.
It is a bunch of seacans all stacked together and each one is a different store.
Then in the center there is a park and seating areas.
So pretty.
Check out this tree - it is changing color.
I don't know why I was so surprised to see that in Vegas but I was.

You can see off to the left, those are the stacks of seacan stores.

We were ready for supper so walked around a little looking before we finally found a place,
The Park on Fremont.
They had this cool looking bike parked out front.

Then as you walked in, they had these dressers with the drawers open and the drawers were like planter boxes full of plants.
What a super idea.
 
Just another shot of it because I thought it looked so great.
 
They took us out back to their patio area and I fell in love.
So this is fair warning that I took lots of pictures of it.

Some day when we have our little place, I want it to have a patio area like this.

It had a big, gorgeous fire place.
And there was this seating that ran all around the place - what a super idea.

Lots of seating, greenery and lights.

My Honey had this sandwich called "The Stoner".
It has slow-roasted pastrami, honey smoked turkey breast, melted provolone cheese, munster cheese, cherry peppers, guacamole, coleslaw, park sause and dijon mustard.
It was really good.

I had a salad and it was super good.

There were all differant kinds of tables, tall and short, and differant little seating areas, some more private than others.
 

The fireplace was two sided and on the back side was a little smoking section.

I only noticed afterward that there was a coach up on the roof there.

Another seating area, I just love the art piece on the wall.

A collection of door knockers - what a great way to display them.
I've often seen knockers that I liked but didn't get them because our front door has a window in the middle of it so we couldn't put one on our door.
Next time I see one I like, I will be getting it for sure.

Looking back out into the patio one last time.
It was all closed in too, on one side by a wooden fence, then some iron fence and also a brick wall.
I love that - it made it feel so cozy.

This was the hallway that led out to the patio area - it had this awesome wall paper and tons of chandeliers - another great idea. 

This painting was life size and I wanted it.
The frame was gorgeous as well.

Just some things My Honey noticed.

Ha ha - love it!
 
Our plan after eating was to get a frozen banana and a deep fried oreo at Mermaids but lo and behold, it was gone.
What the #($^&%?
It has been torn down and they are doing work there - maybe they are going to rebuild?
 
All in all it was a great day.
We felt like we saw all we needed to see at Freemont so we headed back to the hotel.

Did good with my goals again today!
 
Hard to believe our trip is almost over but we still have another full day here and I plan to enjoy every moment!
 
Until next time, be happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment