Monday 11 December 2017

Stay at the FantasyLand Hotel (Nov.26, 2017)

My Honey let Paddington in our room this morning when he left some work so I could catch up on some snuggles with him.
He is such a little cuddle bug - can't imagine life without him now.
 
I got up, enjoyed a coffee and a Christmas movie then I headed down to get my work out completed.

I got in 56 minutes in - happy with that.

This is my happy to be completed my work out smile!
 
I had to head back to the city today for an annual conference that I attend.
I had invited my Mom & Miss A to join me as I had a nice room in the FantasyLand Hotel for two nights.
My Honey called to tell me that he'd been speaking to a fellow who'd been out on the highway and found it to be a little slippery.
He suggested I wait to see if it cleared up any.
By 3 pm it hadn't so I decided I just better get on the road and at least I would be able to drive in the day light.
 
I called my brother to let him know we were on the way to pick up Miss A.
She was super excited about staying in a hotel room and going to see a movie.

When we got there, Mr H was very unhappy that he was not coming with us.
Luckily I'd thought to bring his treat I picked up for him in Las Vegas and Nanny brought him a box of smarties so he warmed up a little before we left and at least gave us hugs and kisses.

Miss A is ready to go.
 
It was super foggy on the highway - everything just looked white, the road, the sky - EVERYTHING.
Thankfully about 40 minutes in it cleared up.
By that point I was feeling a bit sleepy though so I stopped to get a snack.
I find munching on something while driving helps me to stay alert.

I got a bag of these.
I'd never seen this flavor before and it was good.
Kind of a milder version of Smokey Bacon.
 
We arrived at the hotel to check in around 6pm.
I always get a group rate for the conference that I attend but they had a special going on that for $30 more, you got a theme room, two tickets to the movies and two drinks at L2 (a restaurant by the hotel).
So I opted to upgrade.
And as I was staying for two nights, I got those extras for both nights.
Turned ou they had no movie certificates left when I got there but they said if I brought my ticket back to them, they would reimburse me the cost.

I got the Polynesion themed room.
I had it once before.
It looks really cool, but it is very dark.

It did have this awesome jacuzzi though.

Miss A was really impressed.

She brought her bathing suit so it was perfect - we didn't make it to the pool in the mall so this subbed as her trip to the pool

We got checked in then headed to the movie right away.
 
We saw Wonder.
It was a great movie - I loved it as I knew I would.
Then we headed back to the room and headed to bed.
I had to be at the conference for 7:30 and I needed to get a work out in before that.
Miss A and mom were planning to shop until they dropped.
 
Fitbit Stats for Today.
Looks good to me.
 
Until next time, be happy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment