Friday 15 December 2017

Family Traditions (Dec.9, 2017)

I had a lot to do today so I had decided yesterday that I would have my rest day today.
I got up early, had a coffee then got right to it.
Combined everything in the bowl for my Reindeer Crack.

Got my white chocolate all ready to melt.

Got the hamburger cooking for the pizza fingers.

Got a couple of meat loafs in the oven for supper.

Got the Reindeer Crack done and setting on the counter.

I made a lot of it because it really is like crack - once you start eating it, you can't seem to stop.
It is so easy to make too, I get pretzels, peanuts, mini breton crackers, m&m's, thick cut plain chips and really just anything else I like to munch on.
You mix it all together, melt white chocolate then pour it over the mix and stir it so it all gets coated.
Then I spread it out on the counter so it didn't all dry in one big lump.
So delicious.

Around 4 pm, company started arriving.
I was having everyone over to make up for missing my brothers birthday and also because Mom is flying out to NS next week so it's the last chance they'll get to see her before she goes.

Someone found the chocolates again.
(Isn't his Christmas sweater adorable?)

Had to take care of this situation really quickly before he headed in the direction of my furniture.

He thought it was pretty funny (it was).

We all sat down to supper and Mr H decided that he wanted to have a bath.
He just loves playing in the bath tub and I figured why not?
Kept him happy and entertained for a bit anyway.

The family eating my meatloaf which I may have definitely cooked a little longer than needed.
They were polite and still ate it though.

My brother , SIL and Miss A.
Miss M and Mr T couldn't make it as she had to work.

Mr H did get out of the tub just in time for desert.
I got lemon meringue pie as it is one of my brothers favorite.

Mr H liked the meringue but the lemon part was "sour" so he skipped that and ate his ice cream.

Arts and crafts time is hard when there are so many colors to choose from.

My Honey had to work so only got home around 7:30.
Mr H was so excited when he saw him pull in.
He kept running around the house excitedly announcing "Jason home!"
It was so precious.

After supper we got some pizza fingers made.
For some reason the grease got dirty really fast so I called it quits and said we could just do them another time.
I was tired anyway, it had been a long busy day for me.
I finished decorating (didn't make it to the tree quite yet) got some cleaning, cooking and baking done so it was a very productive day for me.

Everyone went home around 9 and My Honey and I hung out for a little before hitting the hay.

Coincidentally, these Facebook Memories from 2015 popped up on my feed today and two years ago we were doing exactly the same thing - making pizza fingers.

Here is My Honey experiencing our tradition for the first time.

The first few pizza fingers are out of the deep fryer.
Pizza Fingers are a tradition in my family.
They are basically egg roll wrappers filled with pizza toppings (hamburger, bacon, pepperoni, mozzerella cheese and tomato sauce).

Just look at them all.

We had quite the assembly line going.

My son, brother & mom had all come over to help to.
We made them at my friend PP's house that year.
She is from PEI and so pizza fingers are a Christmas tradition with her family as well.
It was a fun night - I think it's more about getting together and just spending time together.
Truth be told - I don't even really like pizza fingers but I do like making them for (and with) my family.

Got over 10,000 steps today and that was with no work out so kudos to me.

That is it for today.
Until next time, he happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment