Tuesday 19 December 2017

Office Gift Exchange (Dec.13, 2017)

I had a really hard time getting up this morning and then getting onto the treadmill to work out.
I just didn't want to at all.
 
I made myself get on though thinking if I could at least get 30 minutes in then I would be ok with that.
I just didn't have it in me to jog for more than a minute at a time so I decided to do intervals.
 
I started at 4.2 for my speed, jogged for a minute, then walked for a minute.
Then I jogged a minute at 4.3 and walked a minute and continued this all the way up to 5.7 then back down again.
 
I am amazed that I was able to even jog for minute at 5.7.
In the end, I got in a 59 minute work out which was awesome considering how much I just did not want to do it today.

Super happy that I ended up getting a good work out in after all and super proud of myself.
 
Breakfast this morning when I got to work was cookies.
I am not denying myself any of the treats that have been coming to work.
I will be more diligent about making wise choices after the holidays.
 
I also called my dad first thing.
He is actually working nights so I woke him up, guess I could have called him last night although he likely would have been gone to work.
I mainly just wished him a Happy Birthday and caught up a little bit.
I sure wish he lived closer.

All decked out in my new Christmas shirt for the party today.
This is my absolute favorite line from the movie Elf,
it makes me laugh everytime so when I saw this shirt in Vegas I just had to have it.

All the guys lined up waiting to get some grub.
Us girls put everything out and set it all up so we got our plates ready first before calling the guys to to come eat.
Seems only fair right?

We had a ton of food.

For desert I had a piece of my Tres Leches cake and a piece of another desert someone brought, Sex in a Pan.
Both were delicious.

After we ate we started the gift exchange.
 
We tried a new game this year, the dice game.
 
Basically everyone started with a gift then the first person rolled the dice.
Depending on what they rolled, they would have to follow the instructions.
I saw it on Facebook and just adjusted the rules a little.
 
There were a few hiccups but we made it through and I think it ended up being a lot of fun.

We even had the chemical guys join us this year which was nice as our office numbers are dwindling.

The office girls.

This was my fantastic prize, a fish to put over the trailer hitch on a truck (I tried to give it away but nobody wanted it) and

a golf game.
Honestly I was a little embarrassed when I pulled this out of the bag.
Neither items will do me any good so will likely end up in the garbage.
Oh well - it was still fun.
 
I arrived home to My Honey hard at work cooking supper.

He made home made pasta.

And added his famous pasta sauce that I love so much.
It was delicious.
 
My plan was to finally get to decorating the tree tonight but alas,
I wasn't feeling very well so I laid down on the couch and had a nap.
Not something I do very often but I really needed it.
My Honey had curling and I pretty much slept until he got home.
 
I did get up at one point to get myself a drink in the kitchen.
 
I walked back into the living room and there was Paddington sitting all nice on the couch looking at whatever had caught his interest on the table.

He is such an adorable little guy.
 
More FB memories to share.
 
Christmas 2015

Miss A had come over to visit and hang out with us and she got all spiffied up for the occasion so I had to take a nice picture of her with all the Christmas decorations.

We had our tree just covered in white lights and it looked so pretty.
It wasn't necessarily meant for Christmas but for all year round.
Some of the lights have since gone out so we don't have it plugged in, waiting to replace them but just have been so busy that we haven't gotten to it.

The same tree full of ice - I may not be a fan of winter but I can appreciate it's beauty.
And when the trees are covered in hoar frost, it sure looks lovely.

Saw this meme on FB today and thought it was too cute not to share.

My Honey sent me this morning - A DISASTER!!!
The glass for his French Press broke - luckily he had a back up french press so the disaster was averted.
Now he says he needs to get a back up for his back up, ha ha!

Finished up the day with 13,000+ steps.
 
That's it folks, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment