Thursday 14 December 2017

Wild Animal in the City (Dec.3, 2017)

We decided to change things up this morning and went to McDonalds for breakfast.
Not sure how often that will be happening, it wasn't really that great.
I missed my oatmeal that I usually get at Tim Hortons.
 
We did see this fellow in the parking lot when we were leaving though which made it worth while.
Right in the middle of the city too.

Think maybe he was heading to A&W for some breakfast.
 
We made a couple of stops but not many this morning.
I was still pretty shopped out from yesterday.

For lunch My Honey wanted Pho - his favorite.
When they bring out the toppings it means the soup is not far behind.

Excited to be having some pho.

Me too - I like pho as well, maybe not as much as he does but I'm not sure if anybody else likes it that much.

Instead of hot onion cakes, we decided to give these a try.
They were new on the menu, jalapeno balls or something.
They weren't that great - will be going back to the onion cakes next time.

I was also in the mood for a Banh Mi sandwich so we ordered one to share.

Adding the thai basil, he loves that stuff too.

Doesn't it look delicious?
I wish there was a little less noodles and a little more broth but I can never finish a bowl anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.
 
We made a few more stops then went to Sunbake Pita to grab some supper before heading home.

This place was on You Gotta Eat Here and they do have wonderful food.
I highly recommend it.
They also sell nuts by weight.
All differant kinds, some have seasonings on them.
They are a little pricey but so delicious.
Today I got some plain hazelnuts, some salted hazelnuts and cashews with sumac seasoning.
Once I start eating them, it is hard to stop.

There is a litle bakery right next to Sunbake Pita that I think also sells by weight.
I picked a few things out to try.
They have lots of goodies with Pistachios (which I love) so I tried to pick a few of those.
We also got a piece of white cake with a creamy filling and lots of chopped/ground pistachios.
Not pictured here but it was delicious.
 
We left the city at a pretty decent hour, made it home by 6:30 pm which was nice.
We hauled all of my purchases in from the truck and put things away then the rest of my evening was free.
I planned on doing a bit of decorating when I got home but I just didn't feel like it.
Instead, I vegged out on the couch and watched a Christmas movie.

Facebook Memory Pop Up
This is another from our trip to NYC in November of 2013
I found a hair dresser close to our hotel room and got my hair cut and colored.
She cut a lot off but I was quite happy with it.
I don't know what is up with this pose I was making but I do like this picture of myself.
I was around the 190 lb mark here and was feeling very good.
 
So I didn't quite meet the 10,000 step goal for the day with it being a rest day.
No biggie though - I will get it done tomorrow.
 
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment