Monday 11 December 2017

WCSS Conference Day 1 (Nov.27, 2017)

I slept in a little this moring before heading to the gym.
The hotel doesn't actually have a gym, but they give you a card to use the gym in the mall.
It is a little bit of a hike to get there and the mall is eerily quiet that early in the morning.
They have new flower dresses on the mannequins by the food court.

I like the color palette they went with this time.

They really are cool, I would actually like to see one of these creations worn by a real live model.
I think that would be cool.
 
So strange to see the mall so empty - normally it is so crowded.

More emptiness.
I did run across a few people that were hanging out sitting in some of the seating areas (why they would be there so early I don't really know?)
 
I found the gym, got signed in and hit the treadmill.

I was feeling more energetic this morning, I didn't have to take as many walking breaks.
I am not sure if it is due to the chaga or the nice treadmills?
Maybe it was just coincidence?
Anyway, I made it to 21 min before I had to get off and dash to the ladies room.

I am glad I took a picture of my time when I got off to go to the ladies because my stats had cleared when I got back to the treadmill.
Then I hopped back on and did another 33 minutes.

Looking pretty red here but feeling very accomplished and proud.
I could have made excuses and skipped the gym, but I didn't.
I am DETERMINED to succeed and to reach my fitness goals.

There is the gym - it was a great gym - tons of treadmills and other equipment.
 
Heading back to my hotel room, the mall is still quite empty.

By 7:18 am I already had my 10,000 steps in - WOOT WOOT!
This doesn't happen very often - at least it didn't in the past.
That is going to change going forward as I get my speed up on the treadmill.
 
I got to my conference on time.
I am the administrator for an oil spill coop.
What it does is purchase equipment to aid oil companies when cleaning up spills.
I have been coming to these conferences for a few years now and I always find them very interesting and informative.
 
They had breakfast for us when we arrived.
They had bacon and I loaded up on it - I love bacon!!!

After the conference they had another little get together that we could bring our family too.
They had lots of appetizers for us - so this was supper.

Miss A enjoying her pop.

She wasn't crazy about the appetizer options but did eventually settle on a bag of pretzels.
Once she ate her fill of them, she found a creative way to use up the left overs.

The big guy himself stopped by for a visit.

I love seeing how excited most children get when they see Santa.

Miss A let him know what she wanted for Christmas.
She confided to me later that she asked him for an owl.

Each child got a present and Miss A was sure happy about that.

She got this little minion that she figures her little brother would like so she said she is planning on sharing it with him when she gets home.
So kind and thoughtful of her.
 
After the little get together we took advantage of being in the mall and went out to do a bit more shopping.
Mom didn't accomplish as much as she'd hoped today as she was very tired.
There were folks up in our hallway last night around 3:30 am making all kinds of noise so she didn't sleep very well.
 
We grabbed a few things then headed back to the room where we dropped off our packages and mom.
Then Miss A and I headed back out to the food court to get her some supper as all she'd had was pretzels.
 
When we got back to the room I had a bit of a look at Facebook before hitting the hay.
This memory popped up.
 
These chocolates- Ferrero Rocher - are a favorite in my family.

I found a recipe for Ferrero Rocher cake on the internet so I made it for my brother Mr R for his birthday a few years back.
It was good but I don't know that I would ever go to the trouble of making it again.
 

This also popped up on my sisters feed - my cousin was saying how much she missed this little face and I whole heartedly agree.
Little Mr D is just so dang cute I can hardly stand it.
My goodness I miss he and his brother so.
Why can't plane tickets be like $10.00 a piece?
 
Got lots of steps in for the day - Yay me!
 
Until next time, be happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment