Tuesday 19 December 2017

Finally Trimmed the Tree (Dec.14, 2017)

I had a really hard time making it to the treadmill this morning.
I got up ok and got ready for my workout but then when I was putting on my socks, Paddington jumped up on me as usual for morning snuggles and that is when I started coming up with excuses and comprimises.
- Maybe I could just call today a rest day instead of waiting to have one on the weekend
- I am starting to feel a bit sick, maybe I am coming down with a cold, I shouldn't push it
- My Honey is going to his parents today, go back to bed and get cuddles in before he goes
- I could just lay here on the couch and have a little nap
I know it was just because I was tired and since I was up and dressed, I did finally convince myself to get downstairs and get a work out in.
I made a deal with myself that if I could at least get in a 30 minute workout that I would be ok with that.
Even once I was on the treadmill I didn't feel like jogging at first.
Instead I did some incline work.  I kept it at 3.0 and then did a minute at each incline level up to 10 then back down again.
By then I was a little more awake and I felt like I could try a bit of jogging.
I jogged some at a 4.2, more at a 4.3 and even got a couple minutes in at a 4.4.
I kept telling myself just get to 3 miles then you can stop.
I'd get there and convince myself to just make it to 3.25 miles and so on.
So in the end, I got a pretty good work out in and it was difficult but I was very proud of myself.
1 hour and 4 minutes is a pretty good work out for me at this point.

I've said it before but I'll say it again.
The workouts that I get done when I really do not want to do them are the ones that I am most proud of, they also feel the best when they are completed!
See how big my smile is?

The counters at the office are just full of goodies that vendors are bringing in to us.

I completely indulged.


I even had a muffin which I was so happy to split open and find out that it was pumpkin spice with cream cheese - YES!!!

Not sure if it's the poor eating, getting up early to work out or maybe a cold trying to latch on to me but I've been feeling tired.

I had a little nap at lunch time today.

I walked down the hallway to get something and on my way back noticed these little paws sticking out from the bench.


Ha ha, guess Paddington found himself a new hang out spot.


I saw this on FB today and the first three words I saw in order of how I saw them were:
wealth
penis
happiness
That was good for a chuckle.

After work I could have slept again but I didn't because I really wanted to get the tree decorated.

When I got home from work, My Honey had cooked up a few things (trying to use up things we had in the freezer).
Home made pita bread - I am so amazed that he can make this.
 
Home made hummus - so good.

Brussel sprouts again - love them.
 

Pot stickers (actually not home made but still good).

It was quite the combination but it was good.
I couldn't really eat much because of all the snacking I've been doing at work but I did try a little of everything.

My Honey was supposed to head to his folks today for a visit but his mom wanted him to wait because there was a chance of freezing rain.
Worked out good for me because he was able to help me trim the tree.
It felt so good to finally get that done - I think this is the latest I've left it in years.

I actually didn't even take a picture of the finished product but I will.

After that, we watched
A Song For Christmas

It was cute, cheesy and completely predictable but I liked it.
Both of the main characters looked really familiar to me but I couldn't place them so My Honey googled it and figured out that the girl had been on Glee and the guy plays Mitch on Heartland.
 
I can't believe I couldn't figure that out on my own.
 
I had to turn it off about 20 minutes before it ended because I was falling asleep but I will finish it up tomorrow night.
 
I don't think My Honey will mind too much not seeing the end.
He watches these shows more for me - if it was up to him, he would totally watch something else.
 





Ended up with 15,000+ steps for today - not that long ago I was struggling to get to the 10,0000 mark so I am feeling awesome about this.
 
That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment