Wednesday 6 December 2017

Las Vegas 2017 Trip #2 Day #8 (Nov.18, 2017) - Time to go Home!

Well here it is, our last day in Vegas (for this trip at least).
I picked up this little tart at the bakery yesterday and so I had it for a snack in the room this morning while we were packing up.
We only fly out at 7:20 pm this evening but we still need to check out of the room early today.
Thank goodness we have the car so we don't have to haul our luggage around with us all day.
We could have left it at the front desk too but then we would have to come back for it so that would be a hassle too.

I found a place for us to have breakfast this morning - SkinnyFats!

They had a tortilla soup so of course we had to try it.
It was very good.

We had to sit at a tall counter on stools which I don't really like but oh well.
I managed ok but it is certainly not my preference when I am sitting down to eat a mea.

It was a cute little place.

My Honey had an egg sandwich with fried potatoes - it wasn't any thing super special.
 
I had a scramble which wasn't that great either.
I probably wouldn't come back here to eat.
They did have lots of vegetarian options which I think is the crowd they kind of cater too so for them it might be really great.
 
There was a food fair going on down by Fremont St so we went and checked it out.
There wasn't much there, just the same old kind of street vendors we see all the time at those types of things - nothing that really caught our attention.
 
There was a place near by that My Honey had been wanting to try and although we'd just eaten not that long ago, we figured it was our last chance to try it out so we went for it.
 
The place is called Pizza Rock.
They make all differant kinds of pizzas, not just flavors, but styles too.
 
The menus were old record album covers, some even had records still in them.

You opened them up and the menu was added to the inside.
 

I ordered the deep fried green beans for an appetizer.
I was expecting them to be battered so when the arrived I was a little surprised.
Then I tasted them - OMG - these were the best things that I have eaten this trip.
They were crunchy from being deep fried but still had that fresh taste.
They were loaded in salty, buttery garlic and I just couldn't get enough.
I could have ordered another order and eaten them no problem.
I wanted to lick the plate too but I didn't think that would look good.

These were the signs on the bathroom doors - AWESOME!

There was an actual truck inside of the restaurant as part of the decor.
The place had a great vibe to it.

We asked the waiter what his favorite was and he recommended the Cal Italia so that is what we went with.
It had asiago, gorgonzola, mozzarella, fig preserve, prosciutto di parma, parmigiano-reggiano and a balsamic reduction.
It was delicious.

Thumbs up for Pizza Rock!

It's probably a good thing that I am heading home, me feet are starting to swell a little.
My right ankle has been bothering me a little and I don't want to end up with an injury and not be able to work out.

Tried to catch a quick picture of these metal animal statues they have along the highway here - I think they look really good.
 
We still had a bit of time to spare before we had to be at the airport so we stopped in at Walmart to have a look around.
I wanted to pick up some Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer to take home with me so I was able to grab that.
 
They had a ton of awesome Christmas Sweaters - more selection than I have ever seen.

I tried to talk My Honey into getting one but he woundn't go for it.
I got one for myself though (not this one pictured)!
 
We did finally make our way to the airport.
We checked in and it was kind of a breeze.
They had to put my carry on through the machine a few times for whatever reason but that doesn't bother me - I prefer that they be thorough.
 
We grabbed some supper - I had a bowl of chowder and it was delicious.
 
Our flight left as scheduled and was uneventful just as I like them.
It was midnight by the time we landed and got our luggage.
 
It wasn't that cold out but it was still nice to have the WestJet We Park Service.
That means they pick us up with a shuttle, then take us to our vehicle which is wamed up and cleaned off and ready to go.
 
We got the truck and headed to a hotel room for the night.
 
It's going to be nice to have a day off at home before heading back to work on Monday.

Totals for today were pretty good!
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment