Thursday 21 December 2017

One Out of Five Ain't Bad! (Dec.17, 2017)

I had a full day to myself and had all kinds of plans for it.

This is what I had on my agenda to get accomplished today:
laundry
wrap gifts
blog catch up
work out
make cookies

What I actually did:
wrap gifts

I guess one out of five is not bad?


I did make myself a nice egg sandwich for breakfast with lots of onions and had some left over steak to go with it.

Then I spent the entire day sitting on the couch wrapping gifts and watching Christmas movies.
My son & his girl dropped by later in the day to get some gift wrapping supplies and that was the only human contact I made today.
He mentioned that my brother was going to SIL's parents for Christmas which I didn't know.
So I quickly planned a get together for us all before they leave.
So, pretty much me and the kitties today.

Professor Snuggles decided my messy hair bun was a creature that needed to be attacked.


Paddington was his usual cuddly self but he was very interested in what PS was up to.

More leftovers for supper.

Also had some snacks while movie watching.

Professor Snuggles was pretty exhausted after the day we had, ha ha!

Got all my wrapping done though so I feel great about that.
Now I have a whole week to just enjoy the season and that doesn't happen very often.

Some awesome Facebook memories popped up today.

Christmas 2014
OMG - look how little they all were, and this was only 3 short years ago.

My sister and the boys flew out to be with us for Christmas that year and I love it when we can all be together at Christmas time.
Family is the best thing about Christmas.

Mr D is such a cutie patootie!

and Mr E is quite the little cutie too.
I sure do love these little nephews of mine.

We pulled into a gas station and this cracked me up because the dog is sitting in the drivers seat and it kind of looks like he is the driver of the car.

My mantle kind of looks similar each year  - full of stuff but it makes me happy.

Had a nice full tree that year.

Mr H wanted to put on My Honey's work boots.
They are almost as big as he is.

Christmas 2015
What a great shot.

I took this picture on a white snowy day and I was so proud of it.
I loved how everything looked so white and then there was this black crow sitting in the top branches of the tree.

Then the very same day, My Honey came home with this picture.
It wasn't a contest but if it had been, he clearly would have been the winner.

A
According to my Fitbit stats, today was a true rest day.

It ended up being a rest weekend but I am ok with that.
Back to the grind tomorrow though.

It was a nice, quiet, relaxing day and I enjoyed it.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment