Wednesday 13 December 2017

Shop til You Drop (Dec.2, 2017)

Even though it was Saturday, I was still up at 5:30am to get my work out in.
We were heading to Drayton Valley to get the truck serviced then onto the city after that and I wanted to get it done.
Didn't give myself as much time as I should have but I still got 46 minutes in.

Work Out completed Happy Face.
I am planning on having a rest day tomorrow so it feels extra good to be done this morning.
 
We were on the road to Drayton by around 7:30am.
WE dropped the truck off then walked up the hill to a little hotel/restaurant to have some breakfast.

Even though I would prefer the pancakes, I made the more filling and hopefully healthier choice of an omelet.
I also ordered a side of bacon which was really delicious bacon.
I shared that with My Honey.
 
After the truck was finished, we made a quick stop at Wally World then headed into the city.
I had lots of stops I wanted to make.
I have been feeling like I need to get some Christmas gifts purchased but I am shopping without a clear idea of what I want to get each person so it almost feels like I am wasting my time.
 
I kind of wander around and look at things and hope something jumps out at me.
Not the best way to shop.
I did end up getting some stuff that I needed then by supper time I was ready to call it quits with the shopping.
 
We decided to try Fionn McCools for supper.

I ordered my go to drink - extra spicy virgin caesar, they add horseradish to theirs here and it was so good I practically drank the whole thing in one gulp.

My Honey was thirsty too.
They have a huge menu so it was hard to decide what we wanted.

Happy to be sitting down and enjoying a drink.
Think I am done shopping for today.

We had the pickle spears to start - yum yum!

I ordered the salmon and leek pie but they were all out of salmon so I opted for the beef & mushroom.
It was tasty and filling.
The mashed potatoes and gravy were yummy too.

My Honey had a reuben sandwich with fries which I kindly helped him eat.
We were thinking of taking in a movie but decided to make a few more stops to get the shopping done for this trip.
Then we headed back to the room and chilled.
 
It was a nice day with My Honey.
I didn't get everything accomplished that I'd planned so I will have to make another trip back but that's ok.
 
I had a look at Facebook when we got back to the room and more memories from our Christmas Time trip to NYC popped up.

This is me sitting in the park enjoying some canolli's.
 
They were itty bitty ones and all different flavors - not gonna lie, they tasted pretty darn good and I had at least one bite of each kind.

We also went to Chelsea Market that trip for the first time and hit up the oyster bar.

My Honey sampling one.

Me, I was just guzzling them all back.
I love oysters, so fresh and salty.
I am kind of hungry for some right now.
 
Ended up doing pretty good with my fitbit stats for today.
 
Anyway, that's about all for today, until next time, be happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment