Thursday 14 December 2017

Getting Stronger (Dec.5, 2017)

Another Day, another 5 am wake up.
Got in an hour on the treadmill this morning.
I jogged the first 5 minutes at 4.0 then all the rest at 4.1.
I am getting stronger - I can tell.

Feeling stoked about that.

My decorating is going very slowly this year - I am hoping to get to it tonight.

There are a few things popping up here and there.

My Honey made me tortilla soup with all the fixings for lunch.
 
He picked up a frame over the weekend to frame a piece of Miss A's artwork.
He sent me this picture of the finished product and I think it looks great.
I love displaying children's artwork and framing it just takes it to another level I think.
Plus it shows the child how much you think of them.
Definately a great idea.
 
My sister posted a few pictures today of her Christmas village she got set up this Christmas.

The boys helped out setting it up.

The train is their favorite part - they've loved trains forever and looks like their fascination for them has not diminished.
 
Some Facebook memories from Christmas past.

Christmas 2014
My Honey picked up boughs in the woods for me and I tucked them in behind my mirror.
Then he and I and Miss A made ornaments out of this cinnamon recipe that I found.
The recipe calls for a huge amount of cinnamon.
You roll out the dough just like you would a sugar cookie and then cut shapes out with cookie cutters.
You must remember to poke holes in them so you can hang the ornaments then you cook them for a long time on a very low heat.
They are not edible but they smell wonderful and make really great ornaments.
Plus they last - this was from a few years back and I am still using those ornaments today.

Christmas 2016
My sister posted these last year of her and the boys making gingerbread houses.
I think Mr D is happy with his creation.

Mr E is equally as proud.
They did a great job.

The crew, my sisters two sons and her step son were all in the gingerbread house making mode.

Another memory - we finally made it to try out this taco place we'd been wanting to try forever.
Tres Carnales - it was featured on You Gotta Eat Here and it is right in Edmonton.
Not sure why it took us so long to get there but we did and it was good.
 
And finally - we went to a Christmas tree farm in 2014 to cut down our tree.
It was fun and I would love to do it again but Christmas time always seems so rushed and the weekends are so busy that I just can't seem to fit it in.
 
 
 Ended up the day with a fair amount of steps.
All that green makes me happy to - meeting goals can be almost addictive.
 
Anyway, that is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment