Tuesday 19 December 2017

Missed My Dad's Birthday (Dec.12, 2017)

Boy, 5 am sure comes early!!!
 

Got a really good workout in this morning though.
1 hour and 2 minutes.

Red, sweaty and happy to be done as usual.
 
Today was my dad's birthday.
All day long I kept making little reminders to myself to call him as soon as I got home from work.
 
I decided to update our "Words of Wisdom" board at work.

I googled Christmas Words of Wisdom and found this.
I was quite happy with how my little drawing of a Christmas tree turned out.
 
When I got home from work I imediately got to work.
My first task was to mix up the Tres Leches cake I was making for our work Christmas Gift Exchange/Pot Luck tomorrow and get it in the oven.

Next I started in on the pizza fingers.
If I left the stuff for them sitting in the fridge any longer I would have had to throw it away.
I thought I could both roll them up and cook them by myself for a bit until My Honey arrived home from work.

Turned out that My Honey worked super late tonight so I ended up doing them myself.
This amounted to about 4 dozen.
 
Of course in the middle of it I realized that I'd forgotton to call my dad.
 
I couldn't just stop and do it then as I had hot grease on the stove and by the time I finished it was too late to call due to the time difference between here and Newfoundland (3.5 hours).
 
I will absolutely call him first thing in the morning though.

The cake after soaking in the milk mixture.
I will wait and make the whipped cream for it in the morning.
I made Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) version.
My Honey said he has tried a few versions and hers is his favorite.
 
More Facebook memories.

Christmas 2014
My friend NT & her now hubby made me this scarf holder for Christmas and I love it.
It is even fuller now than it was then but it sure is a handy storage device.

My nephews were busy in Nova Scotia today building this snowman.
My sister posted on FB, she said they made it all by themselves and they were super proud.
You can see the pride in their little faces.
Sure wish I was going to be seeing them for Christmas this year.
Can't wait until next time I do see them.

14,000+ steps for today - I'll take it!
 
That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment